this happaned next to road that i drive to work on

Yikes!

This should serve as a reminder to us all that hang around railroads even rail fanning. Railroads are a dangerous business.

Even when we're track side, we need to keep an eye out for flying debris. I once saw a local freight up where I used to live drag strapping left attached to some bulk flatcars used to carry plywood. The strapping was whipping around as the train moved along at about 20-30 mph and was mowing down the nearby bushes and grass like a weed whacker. This has happened a couple of times, and in another instance some cars got their front ends damaged due to parking near the tracks. The car owners, however, were wrong and were parking on an access road to avoid paying at the commuter lot. They had been warned about parking there before and were facing fines. I guess this was much bigger than a fine.

But yeah, she was stupid and now faces a long, long recovery road ahead.

Several years ago an idiot was dared to jump off a bridge onto a passing train. He did it and landed in a full coal car, severely injuring himself. It took about 40 miles before the police were able to stop the train and tend to the moron's injuries.

*sigh* I guess we will just have to put 15 foot tall barbed wire fence's around all railroad tracks to keep idiots away, otherwise somehow this will get blamed on the railroad. as far as it being a trend, anyone reminded of the tide pod stupidity?

A few years ago saw a video that some posted of a hopper car jumping the tracks and spilling its load right where they had been standing seconds ago, btw was not to close to the tracks also. Also heard about a train going by and caushing some move to bounce up and down and move into the side of the train going by.

I do not stand anywhere near the tracks if one is going by.

She's learned the hard way not to do that, and she'll have to live with the repercussions for the rest of her life. She'll be stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of her life and will never walk again. I bet that if she was able to go back in time, she wouldn't have done what she did. The only way she'd be able to walk again is if she could be fitted with two prosthetic legs, all the way from the hip to the feet, complete with electrical motors to control all movements of the leg, using electrical impulses from the brain via the nervous system.

I forget which State (KY) ? ... years ago a group of 7 teens got the bright idea that they could all lie in a line in the gauge, as a speeding coal train ran over them, and one was too fat, and the whole crew got all balled up in a gob, the gauge ... One chickened out, in the nick of time, and got to see the aftermath of all his friends turned into hamburger ... took the local cops 2 days to recover from the tall weeds, the missing head of the one ... Darwin Awards tragedy

Last edited:
Strike of bad luck for brainless people, look forward for more events like this to happen

My GF tunes the TV into the TV shows: "America's Funniest Videos" and "Ridiculousness", where daredevils skateboard down a concrete steps handrail, falling flat on their face onto the concrete sidewalk, surely busting out every one of his teeth in his grill ... or a 400 lb woman gets bucked off a bucking bronco, falling 5' to the hard Texas dirt, surely breaking her coccyx tail bone, and spine, causing a seismic register activity of 3.5 on the Richter scale, at a scientific site, 2 States away ... And the videos of people doing insane dangerous harebrained stunts ... it makes my legs, knees, and guts hurt, and makes my stomach turn ... It just seems that people have absolutely no sense of fear or self preservation anymore, and are willing to jump out a 10 story building balcony into a 5' deep swimming pool below, or jump out a 3rd story window face first into the snow, just because it would be cool to video tape the ridiculous stunt ... They just don't think of the possible horrific aftermath consequences

My GF tunes the TV into the TV shows: "America's Funniest Videos" and "Ridiculousness", where daredevils skateboard down a concrete steps handrail, falling flat on their face onto the concrete sidewalk, surely busting out every one of his teeth in his grill ... or a 400 lb woman gets bucked off a bucking bronco, falling 5' to the hard Texas dirt, surely breaking her coccyx tail bone, and spine, causing a seismic register activity of 3.5 on the Richter scale, at a scientific site, 2 States away ... And the videos of people doing insane dangerous harebrained stunts ... it makes my legs, knees, and guts hurt, and makes my stomach turn ... It just seems that people have absolutely no sense of fear or self preservation anymore, and are willing to jump out a 10 story building balcony into a 5' deep swimming pool below, or jump out a 3rd story window face first into the snow, just because it would be cool to video tape the ridiculous stunt ... They just don't think of the possible horrific aftermath consequences

Probably a case for Youtube to ban videos that encourage stupidity.

This is very common, in the place where I live 4 poor children drowned at the park lake because the parents were having some lack of attention.

Back