Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed tree revelation

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    I just hatez' Speed Twee's ... On the NEC route they are placed @ every 300', with barren patch's in between, I would just want them all gone, as they resemble those unnatural LifeLike® plastic trees that you place on an HO train platform, very unrealistic trunks and pointy bwanch's ... Id rather have no trees at all ... than barfy pop-up SpeedTwees
    You're still thinking of the old ca. TS2010 Speed Trees. Trees made by RMM, mcguirel, Gawpo50, and Roystrainz are lightyears ahead of the original creations.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

United States of America, ill, Rock Island

Will have to see if I can bulk replace the old evergreen splines with a better looking one. Course have to find a better looking one first. Thanks for the input.
    Modeling Ho scale on the cheap

GT 730 8 Meg

There are some perfectly good billboards such as those by clam1952. Not all the new speedies are that well optimised - try laying down some thick forests of the rmm ones and watch your frame rate drop like a stone. And if N3V decide to play God with TRS2019 and up the speedtree version again...there's going to be an awful lot of deforested routes out there.
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

United States of America, CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    I just hatez' Speed Twee's ... On the NEC route they are placed @ every 300', with barren patch's in between, I would just want them all gone, as they resemble those unnatural LifeLike® plastic trees that you place on an HO train platform, very unrealistic trunks and pointy bwanch's ... Id rather have no trees at all ... than barfy pop-up SpeedTwees
    Speedtreez vary in quality. Some are as you describe, but there are many that look really good, and they all look better than the cardboard cutouts, IMHO.
    Mick

Really interesting discussion.
    As a new user it's great to get such knowledgeable feedback from veterans of the series.