Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: downloads

Default downloads

Hi,I am new at this trainz stuff and have questions.
    I have Trainz A New Era Platinum Edition and is patched to SP3.

My question is when I go to the trainz download station at the bottom in the ADVANCED SEARCH,what will work with the game I have??? Will all of them work??
    How do you download sessions & scenarios??
    I don't know if I am posting this in the right spot but thanks for the help!!

United States of America, Michigan, Ann Arbor
    Blog Entries

I would advise using the content management function of the game "Manage Content" from the launcher rather than the Download Station website, it's the same content just easier to install into your game.

In theory all of the content on the DLS should work in your game. In practice however... it might not. Almost all the stuff on the DLS is made by community members, some stuff is made well others not & will require fixing. Older content is more likely to require fixing. -- Oh almost forgot, there are some trees on the DLS that won't work...... there isn't really a good way to weed them out.

For scenarios & sessions, find one you like & download it. The content management software included with the game will download all the other stuff that is both needed & on the DLS (you might have to do some Google searching for content... we can cross that bridge later)

peter
    ~Peter

I do not provide support via PM.
    Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

Ok thanks alot for the info. Will see what I come up with.

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by PerRock View Post
    I would advise using the content management function of the game "Manage Content" from the launcher rather than the Download Station website, it's the same content just easier to install into your game.

In theory all of the content on the DLS should work in your game. In practice however... it might not. Almost all the stuff on the DLS is made by community members, some stuff is made well others not & will require fixing. Older content is more likely to require fixing. -- Oh almost forgot, there are some trees on the DLS that won't work...... there isn't really a good way to weed them out.

For scenarios & sessions, find one you like & download it. The content management software included with the game will download all the other stuff that is both needed & on the DLS (you might have to do some Google searching for content... we can cross that bridge later)

peter
    Well when I go to the Manage Content,Routes & Sessions they all have the download button grayed out and it want let me click on it??

Blog Entries

I'd suggest using the Download Station filter (same place as Routes and Sessions) as it sounds like it's showing you items that are already installed.

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

You need to put your username and password into the settings/internet on the launch window or else the DLS wont see to your Sim.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneturner12 View Post
    I'd suggest using the Download Station filter (same place as Routes and Sessions) as it sounds like it's showing you items that are already installed.

Shane
    Ok it shows most all are built in. My problem here is they are not showing up in the list when I start trainz!!

Thanks for the help

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by stagecoach View Post
    You need to put your username and password into the settings/internet on the launch window or else the DLS wont see to your Sim.
    I have that done.

Quote Originally Posted by deadaim57 View Post
    Ok it shows most all are built in. My problem here is they are not showing up in the list when I start trainz!!
    What won't show up? You have said that you can't download routes because they are all greyed out. In that case, the only routes listed in the Select Route list will be built-in routes. Did you solve the downloading problem? If so, what did you download and what was the result.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorDan View Post
    What won't show up? You have said that you can't download routes because they are all greyed out. In that case, the only routes listed in the Select Route list will be built-in routes. Did you solve the downloading problem? If so, what did you download and what was the result.
    In the content manager>routes & sessions and it says built-in,thats why the download don't work. So I open trainz and on the front page where the list of routes are,It don't show the one's that are build in.

To bad I can't post a screenshot.

DeadAim57, When you select Manage Content - Routes & Sessions that is what you get, a list of what you have installed. You have to select "Download Station" to get to what is downloadable. If you download a Route or a Session, it will be added to your Routes and Sessions list. To make finding a route easier, maybe check the freeware forum here for names of supported free routes and then use part of the name in the search box for Download Station. The postings there will also give you links for dependencies that are not on the Download Station, so it makes things a little bit easier. Also, you can look for ones that say they are all on the DLS, and then there are no worries. If you download a route and it says "Missing Dependencies", right-click and select "list dependencies". If it is a good route they will all say "Available from the Download station" and you can shift-click to select them all and say Download. Boom. done. Welcome to the great adventure!
    I'm the reason the beer's always gone....

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

To post an image, you can use an outside imaging hosting site such as imgur.com

Choose share image, and grab the link for the bb-forums.

Copy, and paste here.

As Forester1 says, you need to change the list from Installed to download station and then you'll see what's available for downloading, which can get very addicting in its self.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955

Quote Originally Posted by deadaim57 View Post
    In the content manager>routes & sessions and it says built-in,thats why the download don't work. So I open trainz and on the front page where the list of routes are,It don't show the one's that are build in.
    Give an example of two routes that you are seeing as 'built-in' in Content Manager but which you can't see in the Select Route list.

Be sure that you are looking at Routes - you won't see sessions until you have selected a route.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorDan View Post
    Give an example of two routes that you are seeing as 'built-in' in Content Manager but which you can't see in the Select Route list.

Be sure that you are looking at Routes - you won't see sessions until you have selected a route.

See if this helps.
    https://imgur.com/KqwwZE6
    Last edited by deadaim57; July 18th, 2018 at 08:46 PM.