downloads

deadaim57

Hi,I am new at this trainz stuff and have questions.
I have Trainz A New Era Platinum Edition and is patched to SP3.

My question is when I go to the trainz download station at the bottom in the ADVANCED SEARCH,what will work with the game I have??? Will all of them work??
How do you download sessions & scenarios??
I don't know if I am posting this in the right spot but thanks for the help!! :(

I would advise using the content management function of the game "Manage Content" from the launcher rather than the Download Station website, it's the same content just easier to install into your game.

In theory all of the content on the DLS should work in your game. In practice however... it might not. Almost all the stuff on the DLS is made by community members, some stuff is made well others not & will require fixing. Older content is more likely to require fixing. -- Oh almost forgot, there are some trees on the DLS that won't work...... there isn't really a good way to weed them out.

For scenarios & sessions, find one you like & download it. The content management software included with the game will download all the other stuff that is both needed & on the DLS (you might have to do some Google searching for content... we can cross that bridge later)

peter

I would advise using the content management function of the game "Manage Content" from the launcher rather than the Download Station website, it's the same content just easier to install into your game.

In theory all of the content on the DLS should work in your game. In practice however... it might not. Almost all the stuff on the DLS is made by community members, some stuff is made well others not & will require fixing. Older content is more likely to require fixing. -- Oh almost forgot, there are some trees on the DLS that won't work...... there isn't really a good way to weed them out.

For scenarios & sessions, find one you like & download it. The content management software included with the game will download all the other stuff that is both needed & on the DLS (you might have to do some Google searching for content... we can cross that bridge later)

peter

:( Well when I go to the Manage Content,Routes & Sessions they all have the download button grayed out and it want let me click on it?? :confused:

I'd suggest using the Download Station filter (same place as Routes and Sessions) as it sounds like it's showing you items that are already installed.

Shane

You need to put your username and password into the settings/internet on the launch window or else the DLS wont see to your Sim.

I'd suggest using the Download Station filter (same place as Routes and Sessions) as it sounds like it's showing you items that are already installed.

Shane

Ok it shows most all are built in. My problem here is they are not showing up in the list when I start trainz!!

Thanks for the help

Tommy

Ok it shows most all are built in. My problem here is they are not showing up in the list when I start trainz!!

What won't show up? You have said that you can't download routes because they are all greyed out. In that case, the only routes listed in the Select Route list will be built-in routes. Did you solve the downloading problem? If so, what did you download and what was the result.

What won't show up? You have said that you can't download routes because they are all greyed out. In that case, the only routes listed in the Select Route list will be built-in routes. Did you solve the downloading problem? If so, what did you download and what was the result.

In the content manager>routes & sessions and it says built-in,thats why the download don't work. So I open trainz and on the front page where the list of routes are,It don't show the one's that are build in.

DeadAim57, When you select Manage Content - Routes & Sessions that is what you get, a list of what you have installed. You have to select "Download Station" to get to what is downloadable. If you download a Route or a Session, it will be added to your Routes and Sessions list. To make finding a route easier, maybe check the freeware forum here for names of supported free routes and then use part of the name in the search box for Download Station. The postings there will also give you links for dependencies that are not on the Download Station, so it makes things a little bit easier. Also, you can look for ones that say they are all on the DLS, and then there are no worries. If you download a route and it says "Missing Dependencies", right-click and select "list dependencies". If it is a good route they will all say "Available from the Download station" and you can shift-click to select them all and say Download. Boom. done. Welcome to the great adventure!

To post an image, you can use an outside imaging hosting site such as imgur.com

Choose share image, and grab the link for the bb-forums.

Copy, and paste here.

As Forester1 says, you need to change the list from Installed to download station and then you'll see what's available for downloading, which can get very addicting in its self. :)

In the content manager>routes & sessions and it says built-in,thats why the download don't work. So I open trainz and on the front page where the list of routes are,It don't show the one's that are build in.

Give an example of two routes that you are seeing as 'built-in' in Content Manager but which you can't see in the Select Route list.

Be sure that you are looking at Routes - you won't see sessions until you have selected a route.

KqwwZE6
KqwwZE6
Give an example of two routes that you are seeing as 'built-in' in Content Manager but which you can't see in the Select Route list.

Be sure that you are looking at Routes - you won't see sessions until you have selected a route.

See if this helps.
KqwwZE6
https://imgur.com/KqwwZE6

Last edited:
Try this.

1) Start T:ANE, if it's not already started and at the Launcher click on Manage Content.
2) Setup the columns so you can filter on them. You need to add in some that are not there by default, and it's actually easiest to use all of them.
-- Right click on the topmost row where it says Name, and pick add column.
-- Continue to do so until all are added.
3) Arrange the columns like this by dragging them into place:

Type, Status, Asset ID, Build Version, Name, Author Username, File Size, Modification Date, Installation Date, Upload Date.

4) Resize them to fit on your screen by clicking on the line between the columns.

You can now sort by type, or any one of these columns as needed by clicking on the header similar to how you do in Excel or some other spreadsheet.

At the top of the screen, you will see a line that says > Filter: Installed with a down arrow.

5) Click on the down arrow.
Note there are other things under there including Download Station.

6) Pick Download Station.

You'll see a bunch of stuff.

7) Click on Upload Date so that the current date is up at the top to put th data in descending (decrementing) order.

You will see stuff now with the most current up at the top.

Other things you can do to help narrow down what you want.

Use custom filters, which you can save for future use.

Click on the > arrow pointing to Download Station, or whatever else you may have chosen.

Notice how this creates another line below with down arrows and a True.

To the far right is a - and +.
Use these to add additional qualifications.

Example:

Download Station expanded out by clicking on the down arrow, produces other qualifiers:

On Download Station True
installed False
Out of date False
Obsolete False
Payware False

By clicking on the minus (-) on the far right, you can remove anything here.
By clicking on the plus (+) additional qualifiers can be added.

Try this:

Using download station as the starting point,

1) Expand that as outlined above by clicking the down arrow.

2) Remove everything but Installed False line by clicking on the minus sign.

3) Add in (click plus) Category
4) Where it says Achievement, change that to routes.

You'll see every route available for download, if sorted descending order, will have the most recent first.

5) Change the Route category to Sessions, and you'll see those.

Now routes need sessions in order to operate and you can create your own. If you download only a session and not a route, you will have a missing dependency, which means you will have to download the route.

Hope this helps.

Back