ARN Disappearing on 89ft Autoracks

So when I decided to edit the running number range on the 89ft Autoracks it went into manual numbering mode like it was alpha running number operated. To my surprise I edited the range on the locomotives and they still have ARN enabled. Are the autoracks equipped with a script where if the configuration is modified, then the auto running number feature is eliminated or is it just me?

What did you change the bounds to?

If the range of running numbers is too large, they will fail to draw when placed in Surveyor.

Last edited:
What did you change the bounds to?

If the range of running numbers is too large, they will fail to draw when placed in Surveyor.

The range is six figures and I left it at that. It's 854200-854299. I changed it from 800000-899999. So it's still relatively within the original number range. Only six digits. Not seven or five.

Try a smaller range. Some numbering scripts can't handle that large a range (unless you've changed from the larger to the smaller range then it might be an issue with whatever you've used to change the range).

Shane

Reduced the range from 600000-609999 and still not working. I'm going to Open > Edit Config File and that doesn't work. I even attempted Open > Open For Editing > Open In File Explorer > Open Configuration File and made the changes from there to no avail.

On this image the there's no running number and zero bugs within the script and no thread exception red button error comes up.
a7bKbue.jpg

On this one there's a running number as I haven't modified it.
nposIPL.jpg

However both are saying the running number is manual when their controlled by the auto running number feature.

However both are saying the running number is manual when their controlled by the auto running number feature.

I too have not been able to do anything with that. Clicking [Manual] seems to do nothing and regardless what is typed in the number field, the wagon or loco is auto-numbered.

:B~(

What is the exact kuid of the asset that's giving you trouble.

I have lots of 89Ft Autoracks and the ones I tried work fine, but to ensure it's not asset specific we need the KUID.

SP 48 Husky Stack kuid2:45324:300020:1 works fine for me in T:ANE SP3.

MWPX 89ft flatcar kuid:506034:434346 works fine.

89ft Autorack SP kuid:334896:200034 is fine.

I also checked numerous other assets by Joe (socalwb909) and they all work fine.

I would check the config.txt file and ensure you didn't do something different.

Is the range too large?

Try setting it down to 10 numbers and see if that works. If it does increase the range to about 50 or so. Having 10,000 each 89ft flatcars, wellcars, and autoracks is a bit much. It maybe that the ARN is just kicking out and dying because the range is so huge. This was a problem with TS12 where we actually got a script error regarding this.

You can enable script error reporting (red bug thingy), it's off by default now, by clicking on Dev tab in the Trainz settings on the Launcher and choosing Show script exception notifications.

SP 48 Husky Stack kuid2:45324:300020:1 works fine for me in T:ANE SP3.

MWPX 89ft flatcar kuid:506034:434346 works fine.

89ft Autorack SP kuid:334896:200034 is fine.

I also checked numerous other assets by Joe (socalwb909) and they all work fine.

I would check the config.txt file and ensure you didn't do something different.

Is the range too large?

Try setting it down to 10 numbers and see if that works. If it does increase the range to about 50 or so. Having 10,000 each 89ft flatcars, wellcars, and autoracks is a bit much. It maybe that the ARN is just kicking out and dying because the range is so huge. This was a problem with TS12 where we actually got a script error regarding this.

You can enable script error reporting (red bug thingy), it's off by default now, by clicking on Dev tab in the Trainz settings on the Launcher and choosing Show script exception notifications.

I already enabled it so I'll scale it down and try my luck with it. So I did a range of just 4,000 and it worked.

Last edited:
Back