hi all

Hope it's nothing too serious. Do you have Trainz on your tablet? or access to a laptop with Trainz? Dr recommended for a speedier recovery. :hehe:

I'm not sure which is worse being stuck in hospital or having a pad correct your spelling.

Hopefully the coffee is reasonable and you won't be there too long.

Cheerio John

i fell on the 31 and bein in hospetal , maybe out. aug.2. first time using a pad.

You're one of the best guys here helping out folks -- we will missed --- I know the feeling being in a hospital for so long --- Good Luck, and wish the best!

God Bless, and take care
Ish

Hi Whitepass, I can feel for you, and wish you well in your recovery. Can take a while for us oldies to recover. Ten years ago I had my leg amputated and spent 4 months in hospital. Then they stuffed up my new leg and I had so many bad falls, that has left me permanently in a wheelchair. Haven't "walked" for five years.
Cheers,
Mike

Hi Whitepass,
Glad to hear you are OK and trust you have someone to look after you. Let us know how you are progressing.

Get well soon.

Cheers

Hi Whitepass, I can feel for you, and wish you well in your recovery. Can take a while for us oldies to recover. Ten years ago I had my leg amputated and spent 4 months in hospital. Then they stuffed up my new leg and I had so many bad falls, that has left me permanently in a wheelchair. Haven't "walked" for five years.
Cheers,
Mike

One thing I tell people who have some sort of disability is: Don't let anything get in the way of what you want to do. There's always a way to go around, or break thru, that barrier that is preventing you from doing something. There are cases where people in wheelchairs have been able to walk again. It took them a lot of work, perseverance, patience, time, and of coarse money, but they were able to walk again. Check and see if there's a local Special Olympics Club nearby that you can participate in. The 50th Anniversary U.S. Special Olympics just occurred in Seattle earlier this month. I saw a guy on TV that was participating who had been participating since the first Special Olympics in 1968. Right now I'm practicing for Special Olympics Bowling.
Link: http://specialolympics.com.au/

@Whitepass: I wish you the best of luck in recovering from your fall and hope to see you back here soon. If I was in your place, I'd ask if I could bring my computer from home and set it up in my recovery room so that I could get back to building stuff for Trainz.

P.S. My cousin's first child celebrated his second birthday last Saturday, and it was also his parents (my cousin and his wife's) first wedding anniversary. The surprising part about this was that my cousin's sister, his kid's aunt, managed to fly all the way from Denver, Colorado. She rarely comes back here, so we usually have to use webcams to talk to see her.

Last edited:
Hi Whitepass:

Best of luck with your recovery from Jango and myself!!

My wife and I will be going over your namesake, The Whitepass Summit on 24 July on the WPYR excursion from Skagway to Carcross. We will say a big "Hello" at the summit for you and hope that speeds your recovery. :D

Derek

Sorry to hear that, Whitepass. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Walking a dog can be a dangerous fare and so can walking two of them. I had two dogs take me for a walk in two directions at the same time and I ended up on the ground with a bump on my head! I was quite a lot younger then and recovered a lot quicker than I would today.

Falling sucks, hope you feel better.

Broke a bone in my foot a couple years ago from taking the dog out for walk, he took off so fast pulled me right off my feet. As I am lying on the ground in pain from that, he takes care of his business right by my head. Silly dog.

My doctor today told me I should be using a walker, if I have to belive that would put me out of a job, as I have a fair amount of walking at my job.

Last edited:
Falling sucks, hope you feel better.

Broke a bone in my foot a couple years ago from taking the dog out for walk, he took off so fast pulled me right off my feet. As I am lying on the ground in pain from that, he takes care of his business right by my head. Silly dog.

My doctor today told me I should be using a walker, if I have to belive that would put me out of a job, as I have a fair amount of walking at my job.

I had reconstructive foot surgery 35 years ago and everything is fine. At 22 years old, I recovered after 9 weeks in a cast and was out and about normally including bike riding and walking long distances after a few weeks of PT. That was when I was 22. Today would be a lot different.

Back