Terminal Project

Harbor

I really like the harbor. I can never create interactive boats, the track heights are too confusing:'(. If you need drawbridges, here are three good ones: Tenbridge Lift Bridge, Tenbrige2 Lift Bridge, and Bascule Lift Bridge. Are you going to add a Seaport?

Renocerous:D

I don't know how "prototype" you are looking for but speaking as an old bridge officer in the Navy I would say that the space in the harbor where the two tramp steamers (with track) is a little narrow between the quay wall and the pier. I don't know how a tug would be able to shoe horn a ship into there. I don't want to be a "rivet counter" so just ignore me if it is for artistic licence. :)On the other hand it does look really good.

I don't know how "prototype" you are looking for but speaking as an old bridge officer in the Navy I would say that the space in the harbor where the two tramp steamers (with track) is a little narrow between the quay wall and the pier. I don't know how a tug would be able to shoe horn a ship into there. I don't want to be a "rivet counter" so just ignore me if it is for artistic licence. :)On the other hand it does look really good.
I'm assuming you mean the ones at the very top of this image, if so, I still need to extend the water, if you mean the one of the other side of the same pier I can fix that, or do you mean the one at the very bottom near the bridge
Do_KsyaV4AE7sya.jpg:large

I'm assuming you mean the ones at the very top of this image, if so, I still need to extend the water, if you mean the one of the other side of the same pier I can fix that, or do you mean the one at the very bottom near the bridge
Do_KsyaV4AE7sya.jpg:large
Yes the ones at the top. What I do is grab the ship and first see if you can move it out to sea while staying within the defined water. Then, with the ship at the pier see if you can maneuver a tug around the ship while tied up. If you think about it almost like a switching puzzle it becomes sort of fun. If you take the ship on the top right, how would a tug have to maneuver to get her out? The tug would have to pull her out almost perpendicular to the pier. to do that the tug(s) would have to be almost 90deg to the ship. Which means the water would have to be at least as wide as the length of the tug PLUS the width of the ship. Once away from the peir and with clearance from the other ship, the ship could back out under its own power with a tug tied up forward to help maneuvering at the end of the pier to make the turn. once that turn is made the ship will be on its way. Now the more modern ships, especial cruise ships, don't really need tugs because of their powerful bow thrusters and can almost slide into a berth side ways.

Then agin you could just leave it the way it is. After all this is TRAINZ not SHIPZ ;-)

This is a link to Felixstowe Port Container Services in the UK

I hope this is what your after https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...x3cb5b63319435e66!8m2!3d51.9502859!4d1.329563.

Here is another UK Port

Tilbury Docks in Essex

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...ed783d88a6c3e73c!8m2!3d51.4604598!4d0.3449433

Michael

Thanks for that, had a bit of a break, now the port is connected to the branch which in turn means it is now connected to the main line, still need to sort out some gradients on the port side of the lift bridge so that it isn't totally flat, may make a video driving from the port to the main, who knows.....
DqkoTWnU8AAYMQx.jpg:large

I think that you should make that video, and maybe one of all the passenger stations. If you haven't made a station at the port, you probably should.

Tips

If you put thing close to the track, you won't have to place as much secnery. Trees are good only if you put them so that you cannot see behind them buindings are always a good choice. Otherwise, no good tips.:(

If you put thing close to the track, you won't have to place as much secnery. Trees are good only if you put them so that you cannot see behind them buindings are always a good choice. Otherwise, no good tips.:(

Thanks for that, anyway, new video coming soon
Dr2LMVzU0AAAhNW.jpg:large

Cool! I love the choice of NSW vehicles. They are my favorite type of passenger train. Looks like this is an Australian route.What is the vehicle you pass at the one-minute mark?

Cool! I love the choice of NSW vehicles. They are my favorite type of passenger train. Looks like this is an Australian route.What is the vehicle you pass at the one-minute mark?

That would be a V Set, in the Central Coast Livery
More work, looking back towards the newest station
DsgEmIJVAAAGvzW.jpg:large

Last edited:
Back