Terminal Project

The crossing between the main yard and the sidings across the street
DnwRy4yUYAED0J9.jpg:large

Here is a quick clip of a train leaving the yard, also looking for trusted people to have a little test of the route
watch
watch
CU6Th536Bko

Last edited:
The route is coming along nicely and it's been great seeing the development.

Do yourself a favor and backup up the route to a CDP. You do this in Content Manager. Right-click on the route in CM and choose Export to CDP. This will back up your route in case you need to reinstall stuff again. You don't want to lose all your hard work.

I'm pleased to read that you were able to save/recover your efforts and I trust by now you have followed JCitron very sound advice and made some back-ups. I like your video which provides a better perspective to what you have achieved than the screen-shots have 'but' please go steady with the mouse you are panning all over the place making it difficult to watch. Perhaps try using well placed fixed and tracking trackside cameras as they are smoother and bring the viewer into the scenario better. Peter

The route is coming along nicely and it's been great seeing the development.

Do yourself a favor and backup up the route to a CDP. You do this in Content Manager. Right-click on the route in CM and choose Export to CDP. This will back up your route in case you need to reinstall stuff again. You don't want to lose all your hard work.

I'm pleased to read that you were able to save/recover your efforts and I trust by now you have followed JCitron very sound advice and made some back-ups. I like your video which provides a better perspective to what you have achieved than the screen-shots have 'but' please go steady with the mouse you are panning all over the place making it difficult to watch. Perhaps try using well placed fixed and tracking trackside cameras as they are smoother and bring the viewer into the scenario better. Peter

Sure have, I used to backup a lot but slacked off recently, I'll definitely try to improve the videos, I just wanted to quickly get something out after a while

started work on the loop for the container yard part of the port, the junctions for the yard are a bit tight at the moment but i'll fix them eventually
Do1Sr20VAAEFDoQ.jpg:large

thx for the reply! Couple of questions. In the last image it looks like there is a 90 deg drop off to the the water. Is that just a function of the camera/screen capture? Second what is the name of the closest 3 boat assets? the one that look like old tramp steamers?

thx for the reply! Couple of questions. In the last image it looks like there is a 90 deg drop off to the the water. Is that just a function of the camera/screen capture? Second what is the name of the closest 3 boat assets? the one that look like old tramp steamers?

Assuming you mean the edge of the water to the right? That is where I haven't added water yet, makes it easier to place splines properly, I place them so they are at ground level then adjust the height so they are above water.
And you are correct, they are tramp steamers.
Not sure of the KUIDs, I can grab them later if you need but from bottom right to top left,
TrampSteamer1
Tramp Steamer 5
Tramp Steamer 4

Back