Terminal Project

Your project is coming along very nicely.

I kind of expected this to happen because that happens with Trainz and you end up really getting into the nitty gritty stuff.

Your project is coming along very nicely.

I kind of expected this to happen because that happens with Trainz and you end up really getting into the nitty gritty stuff.
Thank you for your support, anyhow, here is another quick video, this time of the station

It's coming along very night.

As Richarde says. Press CTRL+H to hide the junction lever arrows.

it's not much, but I have started to change the roads
DkUf-vGVsAAsMuH.jpg:large

Passenger Loco

Your route is looking very nice!
Do you know what the locomotive is called that you used in the videos??

Renocerous:D

Thanks, which specific videos? That way I know which you are referring to.

The locomotive... I had to go back and watch again!

The blue and yellow freight diesels, not the BR ones. Are they Australian? I can't tell, but their shape is very North American.

The route is coming along nicely. Job well done!

mrmegaminer, It is great to see the progress you are making here! Just curious, do you know the link in your signature is dead?

One issue to consider that is evident in your screenshot is that rail yards, depots, sidings, workshops, etc are very rarely constructed in a totally open, vacant, unoccupied environment - like a totally flat and empty baseboard. In the real world these structures have to content with existing geography and land use - the buildings, roads, rivers, etc that are already there and cannot be moved.

It also depends on which railway/railroad and terminus you are basing your model on. The UK's Great Western Railway was built mainly under the direction of Isambard Kingdom Brunel, a man who possessed vision and foresight and tended to buy more land than he needed. His rationale was that "Land is cheap" (if only it was today) and we may need to expand later. He planned a "Broad Gauge" railway of 6 feet width between the rails and bought sufficient land to ensure single track branches could be "doubled" in the future if traffic demands required it. As a Civil Engineer, Brunel was highly capable of undertaking complex challenges diverting watercourses, bridging, tunnelling, cutting out or embanking the landscape to get his railway where he wanted it to be.

The locomotive... I had to go back and watch again!

The blue and yellow freight diesels, not the BR ones. Are they Australian? I can't tell, but their shape is very North American.

The route is coming along nicely. Job well done!
One is the NSW Pacific National PL Class
the other is the NSW Pacific National 48 Class
The PL class are just rebuilt 48s

mrmegaminer, It is great to see the progress you are making here! Just curious, do you know the link in your signature is dead?
Yeah I'm aware, just haven't got around to changing it yet,
Also another screenshot
DkiEB41VAAAtjhW.jpg:large

Last edited:
Thank you for the locomotive information. I compared these to the US equivalents to figure out they were originally ALCO locomotives rebuilt with EMD parts. :)

Your route is coming along nicely.

Thank you for the locomotive information. I compared these to the US equivalents to figure out they were originally ALCO locomotives rebuilt with EMD parts. :)

Your route is coming along nicely.
Glad I could help, and thanks again,
Here is another screenshot, may be looking for some people to test the route sometime in the near future.
DkuBThRUUAEEvCl.jpg:large

New video, not sure why the audio didn't record but I'll have it fixed for next time.
Between posting the video and now, I made some major changes.... namely this.
Dk9uezbVAAAvcH5.jpg:large

Last edited:
Here is the updated video, if anyone is interested in testing the route let me know, I may send you a copy

Last edited:
Need some opinions on this....
A small scrap yard with some street running track through an old industrial area to get to it
DlLBH6yU8AAY-FY.jpg:large
DlNUvsiVsAQFywU.jpg:large

Last edited:
Back