Terminal Project

Mrmegaminer, I have been following this thread without posting anything, but I gotta say I love what you are doing here. It is a great example to the rest of us how to build one of these routes from the ground up. Keep up the outstanding work and keep posting the screenshots!
Thanks for the support, here is some more scenery work
D3dnRWVU8AAC1He.jpg:large

Routes like these leave me with my jaw hanging open because I will never be able to build one like that...

Renocerous

I'm sure if you practise a lot you will eventually be able to, my routes could be a lot better, but they are definitely better than when I started,
Anyhow, I just have a few minor details to add and then this area will be done.
D4LyyVvUUAEjGRM.jpg:large

Routes like these leave me with my jaw hanging open because I will never be able to build one like that...

Renocerous

Practice, practice, practice, and do a little bit at a time.

It helps if you observe what you see in the real world. When out riding or driving, take pictures or mental notes how an overpass is setup, or a railroad junction is setup if there is any, for example. If you see something you like, take a picture, or make a mental note. If you see some power lines, imagine that as a railway line, or a road junction as a crossing. Keep that in mind or use photos, and then build that in Trainz. It may not come out right the first time, but keep at it.

Look at maps. Google Maps is your best friend with the semi-3d look. Get in and looking at the scene from the ground view too helps with street-view. Do the same with Bing Maps. That street-view is not always available anymore, however. The Bing Bird's Eye view is excellent too and so are the 2d maps. Usually when I'm looking at these applications, I have them both open at the same time. There are some things that are more visible on Bing maps than they are on Google Maps. It's sometimes sad too to see an updated map on Google Earth that shows tracks gone while and older top-down satellite image on Bing might show the line as active.

The other thing to look at is topographic maps, especially historical ones, and in particular old aerial photos. For US maps, check out http://www.historicaerials.com Once there open the viewer and choose your location. Look at the topo maps then switch to the photos or vice versa. Sometimes in the photos, you'll see trains on lines that are no longer active or gone.

But anyway... don't be discouraged. Just like anything that requires creativity, it takes a lot of time to get the skills and use the tools available. This gentleman here has done a great job following the tips I gave him back when the project first started.

I have now started to lay down some new track,
I am also in the process of changing over the signals to the ones made by Ranger_51,
This is because his pack has more options, such as:
Low Speed
Shunt
Calling On
6ASP Double Light Colour Light Turnouts
D4qRyZ6UcAA3gic.jpg:large

Just wanted to say,

Have been following this thread for quite some time, on/off like the others here,

Actions speak much louder than words, hence here, you have been straight up with us, and shown us proof of concept, and your giving it everything you got, then your Audience has gained much trust in your ambition to make this Route that many can relate too in one way or another, as well,,your audience will tend to support and offer up suggestions when you hit those rough spots,,akin to Writers Cramp etc,,

Bottom line, just keep doing what your doing, because your idea, and creative thinking here is a real crowd pleasure.....:Y:

Like another Forum member said, and I think it was most honest expression for your ability to make this, they could not make this intricate of a Route, and for myself included, neither could I......

Bravo Sir..

You have much too be proud of and I wish you Blessed Easter as well. :wave:

Just wanted to say,

Have been following this thread for quite some time, on/off like the others here,

Actions speak much louder than words, hence here, you have been straight up with us, and shown us proof of concept, and your giving it everything you got, then your Audience has gained much trust in your ambition to make this Route that many can relate too in one way or another, as well,,your audience will tend to support and offer up suggestions when you hit those rough spots,,akin to Writers Cramp etc,,

Bottom line, just keep doing what your doing, because your idea, and creative thinking here is a real crowd pleasure.....:Y:

Like another Forum member said, and I think it was most honest expression for your ability to make this, they could not make this intricate of a Route, and for myself included, neither could I......

Bravo Sir..

You have much too be proud of and I wish you Blessed Easter as well. :wave:

Thanks, It really means a lot,
And on that note, I do need some help with a problem, and maybe someone experienced will see this,
I've been trying to get this section to work, I've tried using interlocking towers, which I will admit, I can't seem to get to work at all,
While keeping manual control over this area I require the route indicator to display (these are only for Platform 4)
Red (nothing) (Main route for Down Main)
Green (DM) (Secondary route for Down Main)
Blue (DL) (Route for Down Local, When set I require the Up Main signal set to red, this route must also not be set while trains are travelling through the Up Main)
Refer to second picture for more info (Anything in red means that signal is set to stop, hopefully I got it all right)
D4rA_1sU4AAQGzO.jpg:large
D4rGueIUYAEtD6T.jpg:large

Last edited:
Links to Enhanced Towers Etc for you

Hi again,

I know of these items, but have not played with them at all, one of those things to do in my Bucket list....

But here is the person u want to contact, and read his threads for lots of information to do what you are trying to accomplish.....

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151180-Enhanced-Interlocking-Tower-Objects-and-Paths

"Hi Bradleyeed.

First sorry to not have answered sooner to your post, but the content creation support is not a forum section I visit so often. For EIT questions, better to either use the Surveyors and Operations forum where most of EIT users post their questions.

About your questions :

1) You should be able to split your current tower paths in several towers paths if you use the dynamic ownership mode instead of the static ownership mode. With dynamic mode, a tower takes only ownership of all its paths entry signals (that needs to be in the same tower) but accepts that other path objects (junctions, crossings, other regular signals along path) may belong to multiple towers. When a path will activate, the tower will need to then take ownership of the path object, but this ownership is delayed until a path needing these path objects is activated, enabling other dynamic towers to use also the same path objects. An other benefit in your case of using dynamic mode is that as towers do not take path objects initialization at session initialization, the session initialization should become a little shorter (that may be sensible with a lot of towers with a lot of path objects). But of course, as in dynamic mode ownership is taken on path activation, path activation will be a little longer to take ownership and locks.

So to resume, with dynamic ownership the constraints are limited to have all paths with the same entry signal in the same tower. And also the paths needs to not overlap : a path can not go further than the next entry signal encountered along the path. So as Stagecoach has posted above, with dynamic mode you may have a westbound path overlap with a eastbound path in another tower, as long as both paths do no go further than the next entry signal (either in the same or reverse direction) .

2) there is no limit in the script code on the count of paths or path objects. There is only a warning message emitted by the Interlocking Tower Manager Rule if it detects too many accumulated path objects in the same tower, but this warning message do not interfere with the tower operations. Only missing path objects from route and session will flag the path as broken and prevent its activation. So nothing to change in the script code as there are no limits. But if you have anything that does not match your expectation, may I suggest that you first post or PM me a request for a modification : if your suggestion can be implemented with no bad impact on existing functionalities or code robustness, it will probably be accepted and as I release new versions about once a month it should not be too long before getting the added functionalities …

3) Yes it should be possible to add also the warning on objects count in the standard N3V editor interface. As the objects count is computed using some background thread, it may take a short time before the warning is displayed, but it certainly an enhancement that can be added in a future version (probably late March or April).

Have some nice fun using enhanced interlocking towers. And do not hesitate to post again in forums or to PM me if you have any other questions or problems with your quite large EIT configuration. "

Regards.
Pierre.
Last edited by pguy; March 1st, 2019 at 12:15 AM.

============================================================================================================================

Next set of links for you,,,,,,,,,

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/search.php?searchid=8276822 Search for Enhanced Towers under TRS19 specs.......

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151756-Coupling-with-Interactive-Towers

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151127-Routing-different-trains-on-different-track

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151412-Interlocking-Towers

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?149451-A-question-for-pguy&highlight=Enhanced+Towers

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ples-of-limitations&highlight=Enhanced+Towers

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...otection-Of-A-Route&highlight=Enhanced+Towers

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-Code-Manager-(MCM)&highlight=Enhanced+Towers

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Mission_Code_Stops_and_TimeTables_Manager

Last edited:
Thanks to the help of members such as, blueodessey and stagecoach
I have finally got the interlocking working as intended

Great news there mrmegaminer,

I know it's a bet complicated in setup having read some of the complex stories they have shared in our Forum...

Looking at your pictures those Yellow Paths look pretty good. I find looking at all these different aid assets our creators make that it is rather amazing how all this stuff works so well in Trainz.

Good way to start out the new week with your success story.....Tenacity is good thing.....

Decided to abandon working on interlocking for a while, (it hurts my head if someone else is willing to do it for me at a later date)
Anyhow, more progress, this time linking up the elevated passenger and freight lines to the main north, I have an interesting Idea for the other side of the bridge that you will have to wait and see.
D6WJ51SUcAAjfrr
D6WJ51UVUAAwwyS
D6WJ51TUUAAmyHf

And here it is, the track that puts the passenger line onto the other side of the freight, really happy with how this is turning out
D6WwZYsU0AA2ge4
D6W0SwaUYAIylMh

Last edited:
Video update, guess you could call it a proof of concept,
Copied from the description,
Proof of concept, older signals and track need to be updated,This is just to showcase the progress of the route and the current track layout,
I've also removed interlocking as it was causing me problems and giving me a headache trying to fix it, maybe someday someone else will do it for me, or I will learn to properly set it up.

Back