Terminal Project

CITY Project (ex Terminal Project)

So, here is my new project, a large terminal, what are your thoughts?
DiI15txU0AA3DQ2.jpg:large

Last edited:
4m track spacing is when the adjacent track spline points just barely touch the adjacent tie ends, this is the PRR standard track spacing

You have done the easy bit laying some track now the challenge begins bringing it to life. If you haven't already decided what that life should be perhaps visit the Trainz Gallery and/or the Screenshots thread to get the thought process going and to explore what others have achieved. Peter

I also recommend looking at historic photos and videos of terminals. I have found these very useful for my own route building not only for ideas, but also for realistic track layouts.

One issue to consider that is evident in your screenshot is that rail yards, depots, sidings, workshops, etc are very rarely constructed in a totally open, vacant, unoccupied environment - like a totally flat and empty baseboard. In the real world these structures have to content with existing geography and land use - the buildings, roads, rivers, etc that are already there and cannot be moved.

One issue to consider that is evident in your screenshot is that rail yards, depots, sidings, workshops, etc are very rarely constructed in a totally open, vacant, unoccupied environment - like a totally flat and empty baseboard. In the real world these structures have to content with existing geography and land use - the buildings, roads, rivers, etc that are already there and cannot be moved.

You mean like this. :)

http://www.universalhub.com/files/images/2011/trainslenox.jpg

http://lostnewengland.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/702_1912-10-04.jpg

Boston and Albany (New York Central) coaching yard in Boston's Back Bay. There's the Prudential Tower and highway occupying this site today.

https://binged.it/2zObFwS

Last edited:
Looks great so far :)

Can I ask what bridge you have used as it looks very English looking, also in your picture on post 9 what is the Red Line that you have put round different parts and what is it used for?

Thanks

Michael

Last edited:
Looks great so far :)

Can I ask what bridge you have used as it looks very English looking, also in your picture on post 9 what is the Red Line that you have put round different parts and what is it used for?

Thanks

Michael

The bridge is by user vendel and begin with FMA. There's a gazillion bridges, embankments, and retaining walls which all work very well and look really nice. Some people have actually gone as far as to reskin them for their own use and these are all available on the Download Station.

The red line around some spline assets is invisible track. The assets are built on an invisible track spline, even though they're not really track. There's are a reason why that was done, but I can't remember why anymore.

Thanks so much guys, made a minor change, this may go back to how it was depending on what you think
Di80QwZUUAA3KRi.jpg:large
Di82DtHU8AAWBSS.jpg:large
or this one
Di84M0KVsAEWCcx.jpg:large

Last edited:
another video, decided to add a small station to the branch, I have a plan involving it so hopefully it turns out well

The plan, let me know your thoughts
DjP_tpKVsAE6zGr.jpg:large

Last edited:
Back