Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Terminal Project

Excellent thread..!!!

Further expansion to the diesel maintenance shed, just beyond the west storage roads of the electric fleet maintenance shed

Quick map view of the yard, have to say, I am proud of myself

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Very well done track laying!
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Very well done track laying!
    Thanks, think I'm done with laying track in the yard, video coming soon

As promised here is the video, some information,
    The train travels from the arrival road > car turning loop > diesel maintenance shed > arrival road
    On the arrival road I added two more cross overs after the video was recorded, I may post a picture when I get a chance,
    Enjoy and be sure to leave feedback
    Last edited by mrmegaminer; June 4th, 2019 at 08:08 AM.

I've watched the videos on this thread several times over and I REALLY like what you have done with the route here. It is quite inspiring. I hope at some point my own stuff can reach the high standards of created content quality that's on display in stuff such as your videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince271088 View Post
    I've watched the videos on this thread several times over and I REALLY like what you have done with the route here. It is quite inspiring. I hope at some point my own stuff can reach the high standards of created content quality that's on display in stuff such as your videos.
    Thanks, here have another update, showing the station before the yard, with the goods line crossing the river, the river flows to a waterfall into the other river that the line crossed earlier

That's pretty awesome. What are your plans scenerywise? Also is this based on a real area or something you've come up with on the fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince271088 View Post
    That's pretty awesome. What are your plans scenerywise? Also is this based on a real area or something you've come up with on the fly?
    Scenery wise? just whatever comes to me,
    Everything is stuff I've come up with on the fly, having said that, I take inspiration from a few things:
    1) Stuff I've seen whenever I travel
    2) Stuff in media, TV shows, Movies, stuff on the internet
    3) Models
    4) Previous route making experience
    5) And most recently, stuff I've learnt now that I'm a trainee driver (which to be honest, is quite a lot)

Anyhow, Here is a BSA skinned loco passing the boy scouts / girl guides camp, before heading over the river

Well honestly I really like what you're doing so far. I'm working on my own routes but I often do stuff for a while then start picking holes in it. Most of what I do is off the top of my head or I use stuff I've seen. I watch a lot of cab ride videos which I find pretty useful too.