export, import sessions?

Forester1

Hi! I downloaded a small freeware route from the DLS that was missing some unfindable assets and needed a few other tweaks in order to be as intended. I replaced the missing assets (These were minor scenery items, nothing operational) with items I thought fit well, and fixed the minor tweaks, Of couse then when I saved I had to save as my own route with my KUID. There were two sessions for the original route. Is there any way to import them into my resultant route? I have tried to keep true to the original creator and it would be nice to be able to run the sessions. Thankks in advance for any tips!

Go into config and change the map kuid to the one for your map and they will be in there. Make sure to also change the number in the kuid list at the bottom of the the config.
Cheers,
Mike

Awesome! Thanks Mike! I had thought about trying that, but didn't dare to think it would be that simple. Much appreciated!

Awesome! Thanks Mike! I had thought about trying that, but didn't dare to think it would be that simple. Much appreciated!

I just did that myself because I up-versioned a route I've been playing around with and wanted to include my working session, and do this all the time. The kind of changes I did, did not affect my operations and were only cosmetic.

Something I found out a few days ago about session saving.
My Tane saves a new savegame with a date and time each time.
I clicked on an earlier savegame and ran that and made changes. When I chose to save it, the later version showed in red.
After saving I checked the red session and it was working as normal.
A lot of my sessions grow as I add more rollingstock with the train flyout and can go on for ever,This allows me to have the same session running in different ways. This was an interesting option that I had not come across before.
Cheers,
Mike

Back