Help creating my new route on TANE

Chris282

Hey folks,

My laptop has recently been in for repairs after a fair hefty crash. My previous route's data was lost so I'm starting fresh. The problem is I'm not sure what industries I want to include.

At the moment, I'm definite on the following industries:

- Mail
- Brickworks
- Clay Pit
- Coal Mine
- Power Plant
- Lumber Yard / Forestry
- General Goods
- Container Yard(s)

Past that I'm a little stuck.

Currently I am sticking with Standard Gauge UK items, but any ideas and thoughts would be a godsend.

I hope to hear from you folks soon,

Chris282

EDIT:: The Era I'm basing this on is early 1900's through to Modern Era. Think Isle of Sodor but with less faceless trains

Last edited:
Mail and passengers are usually both loaded at stations.

Your choices would depend a great deal on what type of area are you modelling - rural with agricultural industries (including livestock), industrial with raw materials (you already have coal) and manufactured finished products and/or parts, general transport with loading docks (ports, intermodal hubs, transport terminals, etc). Or a mixture of all of these.

To pware,

I'm planning on having a couple of rural/countryside branch lines that will carry passengers, goods, with wheat/grain/a crop of some sort being on one branch line, and cattle & milk being on the other. I've also got the idea of a coastal line that'll be mainly for passengers, goods and fish train collection for the main train at the docks. Past that, it'll come together...

To RHKluckhohn,

I was thinking about a warehouse but I wasn't sure what it would stock primarily or where it would be placed. Main city, dock, rural town.... It's just a case of finding the right spot.

To helian43,

The main chunk of the era will turn of the 1900's, still with the use of older stock. Think Isle of Sodor but less faced trains and accidents, even if I do get to the modern era.

Back