Train unable to go to several destinations but not all

normhart

Trainz Entry Level
I've been working on my New Haven Coastal Route since Jan 2012 it is a conversion of msgsapper's New England Coastal. You all have probably seen screenies over the years. In the last year or so I've mainly been using it for beauty shots or fooling with merging, testing new assets, and etc. Yesterday I thought I'd run some passenger sessions to explore how this was working in TANE SP3, to my surprise in manual mode I was unable to load passengers. E.G. I drove to a station and the passenger didn't load/unload. I tried various trains and various stations on the route and none would work. The stations all showed up as possible destinations in the Navigate To menu but, if I set it up the train it would not move and there was no error messages. I verified that telling the train to go to various portals and industries worked. Some of the destinations were past the stations that were not working without problems so it appears that it is not a problem with the track, in other words no disconnected tracks.

I keep my earlier versions of my route and have 12 versions in TANE and 5 versions in TS12. I began backtracking to see when the problem began. I verified that the problem was present in build 90945 and 88364 on my current version of the route so I started working my way back through the versions. Apparently the problem began when I converted the route to ProTracks in May of 2017. During this testing I found that while it appears all stations are affected only some of the industries were affected.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to salvage my current version of the route? I've done a lot of work over the last year and would hate to loose it all. My only idea at this point is to delete each problem asset and then replace it and I'm not 100% sure that will work.

Huh, no comments?

Further investigation; I deleted the track on either side of one of the stations that is visible in the destination list but that trains will not go to. I then reconnected the station and told a train to go to it. That failed.

I replaced the protrack with Auran track. That failed. Replaced with standard track. That failed.

Deleted the station and I discovered that there was an underlying track segment that I could not delete. It does not exist in the version prior to my upgrading to protrack. It appears that it might have been created as part of the track update process in TANE SP2. It is possible to connect tracks to it.

Replacing the station offset so that I could connect the track without the possibility of connecting to the phantom track worked! The AI was able to drive to the replacement station.

Since I have several stations and industries with this problem does anyone have any suggestions?

Now this is interesting.

The station I've been focusing on

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Station deleted, note track remains

Neighboring track segments deleted remaining track can not be deleted

I undo'd all the above and bulk replaced the protrack with pencil42's track

I then deleted the station, note that the phantom track disappeared!

I then undo'd all the above and the station and trains performed normally. I will have to do this for all the failing industries and stations but it is a lot easier than deleting and replacing each one.

If you can determine what the offending track is, you might try disabling it.
I have always had problems with bulk track replacement. I know it is tempting.

Did you use a lot of those stations?

I had trouble with that particular asset in the past where it gave me some weird problems such as the AI ignoring it or not traveling to it.

The track issue, though, is weird. This is yet another one I haven't come across yet in my Trainz travels. I suspect though that the track issue is separate from the station issue, and this just so happened to coincide in the same place.

@pitkin I am unable to do anything with the phantom track including identifying it. It does not seem to exist in prior versions.

@John I think there are one or two more of that station on the route but, as I said, this is affecting industries and other stations across the 25 miles of the route. Since it is affecting multiple industries location is unlikely to be a factor. My current thought is that one of the various versions of TANE that this route has gone through had bugs with the bulk asset replacement and the capability of some industry attached tracks to adapt to adjoining track. It may also have something to do with replacing standard track with pro tracks.

It appears that SP3 is fixing this with some work on my part.

I seen this happen also with bendorsey bridges...and of course they started to stop working so I replaced them and I was stuck with dead track in which it all started same build., luckily its only invisible track...
Dave

Back