Force unisntall item, or repair or...

dstelley

After installing the SP3 install this morning I lost a few items, but the biggest issue seems to be items, that exist but I cant touch.

Example this industry JR Multi Industry <KUID2:45324:400001:2>
Shows as installed, but in the surveyor or in game mode its not there.
if I hit errors and warnings in content manager its says:
Asset <KUID2:45324:400001:2> is not available

I cant delete it, I cant install it.

suggestions?

Have you checked your open for edit folder, checked your password and username are in the setting and done a data base repair?

yes to all 3.

and cleared logs

in content manager its listed as "Installed Payware (Not Active)

not modified, nor open for edit.

If you have trouble with payware not active and you know you have the payware or built-in assets installed:

Close T:ANE including the Launcher.

Open up Windows explorer (File explorer these days)

Go to the folder where you installed T:ANE. Usually C:\Users\{your login}\App Data\N3V Games\Build xxxxxxxx

Where xxxxxxxx = Some sequence.

Look for the folder with the latest date if there is more than one.

Open up the Packages folder.

Delete all the SC folders.

Empty Recycle bin.

-----
Start up T:ANE

At the Launcher click on Developer, and choose Repair database.

When finished repairing...

Click on File, on the Launcher, and click on Download purchased items.

Start Trainz and your Payware content will be downloaded and reinstall.

After this is completed, I recommend defragmenting your hard disk, and starting up Content Manager to let it rebuild the file indexes, otherwise, you'll have some performance loss until the index is rebuilt.

JCitron,
Perfect! It took quite a while but in the end it was exactly what I needed, thanks!
And it had the added bonus of a much faster run time! Unsure if it was the SP3 upgrade or rebuilding the indexes, but either way, its much better!

JCitron,
Perfect! It took quite a while but in the end it was exactly what I needed, thanks!
And it had the added bonus of a much faster run time! Unsure if it was the SP3 upgrade or rebuilding the indexes, but either way, its much better!

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked for you. :)

It's a bit of both I found.

Back