Colorado71 Trainz Website Issue.

shebashetan7

Today, I decided to check into content creator Colorado71's website to find out that it had been deleted. Has something happened that caused to suddenly be wiped off the net without warning?

The error message is the default for webs.com

"Sorry, this page was not found.

"Looks like the page you are looking for is no longer available."

Can anyone please clarify the situation with Colorado71's site,? He is still active; he was heard from today.

Maybe his registration expired and he no longer is hosting it. Sites and registration cost money and if his payware sales didn't cover squat well, he couldn't justify the expense.

In the past week, this is now two resources gone.

He hosted and designed the site using a free service, Webs.com. Not being able to pay for your site will get it shut down where you pay for hosting, but Colorado71 used a free service, so the reason for his site going offline was different than USLW, which had went offline due to no one being around/able to pay for the hosting costs. The USLW domain is now for sale, and I think all of the site's contents have been wiped from the server.

He hosted and designed the site using a free service, Webs.com. Not being able to pay for your site will get it shut down where you pay for hosting, but Colorado71 used a free service, so the reason for his site going offline was different than USLW, which had went offline due to no one being around/able to pay for the hosting costs. The USLW domain is now for sale, and I think all of the site's contents have been wiped from the server.

The USLW site was hacked and JR, who was actually hosting the content, got tired of fixing it a gazillion times.

I didn't know web.com was free, but then again this is what happens to 'free' especially when it's on the internet. The company was supported by advertisements, most likely, therefore, if they lose the advertisement revenue due to someone or a bunch pulling out, then they go under. I've seen this with a lot of websites over the years.

Colorado71's site was designed and hosted on a free platform that did not charge for its use. It wouldn't have been shut down due to the owner neglecting to pay hosting costs.

I checked and Colorado71's site is now back online. I conclude it must have been a server issue on the host's part.
However, for most Trainz resources that go down in the ditch, most never come back, where the reasons for the site being unavailable being permanent instead of a temporary technical issue.

I wonder why the evil folks targeted USLW for hacking. Was it likely because of the popularity and high traffic to the site, that made it easy to find and compromise?

Last edited:
I just hope the USLW content will be put back up on JR in their freeware section.

They would need some serious updating though, because I tried downloading the SBD SD40-2, and it doesn't work in TS12

EDIT: When you do get them working though, it breaks the ARN script

Last edited:
Back