JR Route Release: Eagle River Railway

Thanks all for feedback everyone. One final question, have you now run all the sessions completely with no issues/bugs?
Scratchy,
I can't run session 04 up to Camp A. I wait for the woodchip local to go by, but never get a green to proceed past the first signal.

I was under the impression the loco would be made available soon. There isn't much I can do other than suggest anyone who wants it PM the author (sman12345) and request a copy. Hopefully Steve can provide an update.

Cheers,

GM1 =/= GMD-1

GM1 is a Commonwealth Railways locomotive

GMD-1 is a class of Canadian locomotive that is already included with the ERR.

I feel this should be changed on JR's webpage and this thread as it's confusing a few people.

Rest assured fellas, I have just been busy and Trainz is not life for me.

In the next day or three it should be on the ATD site.

I just purchased this route yesterday. Everything downloaded right, I've no dependencies listed as faulty, nothing open for edit, and nothing out of date.

I'm running TANE SP3 Version 94916.

I started session 1 in cab mode last night and saved a short distance out of the yard. I opened it up today, and the lead engine is gone. Disappeared. Have no idea why this happened. Couldn't continue.
I deleted that saved session and started session 1 again, in cab mode. I took over the engine right after it connects with the boxcar and says I should reverse to get the log cars. I saved the game right there, exited the game, and then started the session once more. The choice screen for DCC or cab mode comes on, but in the screen, the lead engine is gone again. It doesn't matter if I choose DCC or cab mode - no lead engine so I cannot resume the session.

I deleted that saved game, and started again. Still in cab mode. I reverse the engines and connect with the empty log cars. I then save the game, exit driver, and then open the saved game. Same thing. Lead engine is gone, and the session can't be played.

Any suggestions on this? I haven't read anywhere in this thread where this happened to anyone else. Help!

Heinrich505

Well, I finally got my hands (mouse?) on this route on the weekend (as well as K&L's steam add-on to go with it) and it's as brilliant as I thought it would be.

Another amazing route from you Scratchy.

Are you still considering doing (at least) another session for it? I really do appreciate the sessions that are made for routes like this. Plus the missing number in the list is driving my OCD nuts. ;)

Thanks again. Looking forward to many hours of fun on this one.

Cheers,
Piere.

Thanks Piere! I plan to yep, one to the pulp mill, I'll throw it up on the DLS at some point.

Heinrich505 does that happen in any other routes for you? Seems like a weird TANE bug.

Scratchy,
I did a save for the passenger session and that didn’t lose any engines when I opened it after saving.
Seemed rather weird. The session was nice when I ran straight through without saving and exiting. I liked the session as it gives you a good familiarization of the route. I’m with Pierre as I really appreciate the sessions too.

I’ll check the save function for the other sessions, but you are right. There are a lot of weird things that happen in TANE and there seems to be no explanation, haha.

I’m very pleased with the route. It looks great and really captures the look and feel of the Pacific Northwest. I was just up in the Elbe area a month ago. Was that, perchance, a momentary glimpse of Mt. Rainier I saw through the trees as I approached Camp B? ��

Thanks for your work on this. It is really appreciated.

Gary

Scratchy,
Some strange things going on in Session 6, the Passenger Excursion.

I turn the engine around on the turntable as directed, back up, and connect with the passenger cars. Then, still in the lead engine (the one I just turned around), I have to pull out from the station in reverse, looking out over the short hood. If I put the reverser to forward, I just go backward, with the long hood in the lead. Okay, no big deal, so I'll just run the consist in reverse from the lead engine.

However, every time I come to a red signal, the signal won't change. I can't get the signal to go green. So, I saved the session, and then ran the red. No problem...no warning or anything. What???

I have now run both red signals in the initial yard, and I ran the red signal at the bridge over the highway, and now I've run the red signal at the entrance to the Chid Yard. This does seem very wrong.

I noticed that when I left the cab view on the lead engine to view from the outside of the engine, upon my return I am now looking out the rear of the engine. I have to move my view around to view out the front. This sort of makes sense because the engine seems stuck in reverse and I am driving in reverse, so the view seems to want to default to looking out along the long hood and away from the actual direction the engine is moving.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same sorts of odd occurrences.

Gary

Don I have sent you a PM. Gary, as hard as I have tried, I can't replicate the issue you are having. The loco cab is fine for me and all signals are green. If you put your mouse cursor over the signals what does it say the issue is?
I am using TANE SP2 but I will update to SP3 to see if that has any weird results. In the mean time I can PM you another copy of the session?

I just purchased this route yesterday. Everything downloaded right, I've no dependencies listed as faulty, nothing open for edit, and nothing out of date.

I'm running TANE SP3 Version 94916.

I started session 1 in cab mode last night and saved a short distance out of the yard. I opened it up today, and the lead engine is gone. Disappeared. Have no idea why this happened. Couldn't continue.
I deleted that saved session and started session 1 again, in cab mode. I took over the engine right after it connects with the boxcar and says I should reverse to get the log cars. I saved the game right there, exited the game, and then started the session once more. The choice screen for DCC or cab mode comes on, but in the screen, the lead engine is gone again. It doesn't matter if I choose DCC or cab mode - no lead engine so I cannot resume the session.

I deleted that saved game, and started again. Still in cab mode. I reverse the engines and connect with the empty log cars. I then save the game, exit driver, and then open the saved game. Same thing. Lead engine is gone, and the session can't be played.

Any suggestions on this? I haven't read anywhere in this thread where this happened to anyone else. Help!

Heinrich505

Having the same exact problem. Have you heard of any fixes for it? 'Tis a bit frustrating....

The issue has something to do with the engine direction and the signals used. The signals are not active and will remain red until the engine direction is changed.

I have found using the consist direction in the consists pull-out tab to be more helpful with setting the train direction than attempting to turn the driver around in DCC mode where you end up driving backwards with the engine forward or vice versa, which is very confusing due to having the train running in the proper direction outside the cab, but reversing when inside the cab. I reported this issue to N3V back in TS12 days and was told it's intended behaviour. Okay...

John,
That would require editing and renaming the session on my part, right? As set up right now, the pull out tab to change things when the session starts is not available.

Gary

John,
That would require editing and renaming the session on my part, right? As set up right now, the pull out tab to change things when the session starts is not available.

Gary

Yes. Open and do a save as, which should give you your own version but associated with the route and still containing all the rules and stuff. If you do this to the route, then you'll have to associate all the sessions with the new route, but that's not necessary in this case.

Scratchy,
Will that ERRSessions SP3 cdp overwrite all the sessions or just re-fill in the ones that were deleted? Just curious. I'm somewhat reluctant to delete any payware sessions for fear that I won't be able to get them back. I'd feel better if the cdp you posted just overwrote all the sessions and I didn't have to delete certain ones.

I've had problems with Session 1 and Session 6 and I read where people are having trouble with Session 4. I haven't checked the other ones out yet but will do so as soon as I can break away from real life, haha.

I really appreciate you looking into this for me. No matter the difficulties with the sessions, I am really enjoying the route. It is very cool.

Gary

Back