JR Route Release: Eagle River Railway

Thankyou Vals_Loeder, I hope you enjoy it :)

Sorry? The GMD 1 that has been skinned for the route is complete, if you want you can contact the modeler. SMAN1234

On another note, passenger cars have been added to the roster! A session will be provided running a majority of the route

scratchy_5b4b152d6d9f0.jpg

scratchy_5b4b156436dc9.jpg

We wanted to keep the release a surprise until the day, but I can promise its a great looking loco! All will be revealed in a weeks time :)

Does this "new" BW9 have a better engine sound than the "old" ones?

Not a carterpillar or bulldozer sound, but a more real loco sound?

☼ ... ☼

Small re-powered switching engines typically don't use a traditional locomotive prime mover. Railserve's Leaf rebuilds used either one or two 550 HP Detroit Diesel engines. They basically sound like semi.

Does this "new" BW9 have a better engine sound than the "old" ones?

Not a carterpillar or bulldozer sound, but a more real loco sound?

☼ ... ☼
I'm curious what kind of beefy real locomotive engine you think would fit underneath the hoods of a BW9, leaving room for the radiators, fans, generators, compressors, electrical equipment, and everything else

I'm curious what kind of beefy real locomotive engine you think would fit underneath the hoods of a BW9, leaving room for the radiators, fans, generators, compressors, electrical equipment, and everything else

Not that I need a bigger engine, but just one that has a better sound.
Not such a constantly repeating sound that it has now.

The BW9 is a fictional locomotive (not excisting in real life)
Any small engine could be in there.

I tried to change that sound myself, but that did not work.
There are lots of small switchers that sound better than the BW9.
I just can't find a way to put in an other sound that will work with the BW9 engine.

:)

It's pretty easy to go into the config file find which kuid relates to the engine sound and replace it with whatever you want. I quite like the sound, it's refreshing and different to the rest of the locos

Military pack includes one.
BW9-ARMY is not on the pictures on JR Site?
Is it the "Critter" Switching Locomotive?
BW9-ARMY = <kuid:175455:101649>

South Bay Locomotive Mega Pack includes two.
I bought this pack just because of the BW9's

JRPX is Club Car. Free.

BW was/is sort of a "bonus". Clone of the JPRX. Changed the number myself to #99.

Rest is also cloned and repainted for private use like any other change I made.

Last edited:
It's pretty easy to go into the config file find which kuid relates to the engine sound and replace it with whatever you want. I quite like the sound, it's refreshing and different to the rest of the locos

I tried that, but it had difficulties with the start-up and shut-down options.
I want to keep that functioning.
Not much loco's have engine ON-OFF options.

Military pack includes one.
BW9-ARMY is not on the pictures on JR Site?
Is it the "Critter" Switching Locomotive?
BW9-ARMY = <kuid:175455:101649>

South Bay Locomotive Mega Pack includes two.
I bought this pack just because of the BW9's

JRPX is Club Car. Free.

BW was/is sort of a "bonus". Clone of the JPRX. Changed the number myself to #99.

Rest is also cloned and repainted for private use like any other change I made.

Thank you very much!

Regards
Swordfish

Thank you for releasing Eagle River, it looks good :) And love the surprise line :)

I'm having problems with the loco's showing up in the sessions and do have a few unknown Kuids. I'm just off the work to I can't give you any details at the moment but I will have another look when I get home.

Thanks again

Back