JR Route Release: Eagle River Railway

Jjanmarine3,
The problems I described above were after the fix that Scratchy had. That was an upgrade from Sp2 to Sp3, in the hope that it would correct the red signal problem. Previously people reported problems with Session 4, and then I had them as well after the Sp2 to Sp3 upgrade. Since the problem is still there, I am sure Scratchy is working some new magic to fix things.

Heinrich505

I am, but please understand its super frustrating and hard to fix when I don't have the problem...

Hi scratchy. Pse See post #153 which is what I experience too. Additional to that in the same session the signal distance to the red signal jumps around indicating different distances to the red signal.

I was putting together a session for this route and was going to drive the BW9 for the session. When I placed it on the track and chose Cab Mode, I found that I was only able to control the engine using the sliders. The mouse controls in the cabin were not working. When I ran the mouse over the levers in the cabin, they were unresponsive. Running in TANE SP3 version 94916.

Is the Cab Mode for the BW9 restricted to only the sliders and not actual control of the levers? Or am I missing a download for the engine? Nothing shows faulty for Eagle River items.

Gary

I just started Session 2 and the same thing is there too for the BW9. Cab control is only via the sliders. No lever control in the cab.

Gary

Scratchy,
Thanks for the heads up. I just went there and downloaded it. It looks great from the outside :D, but the interior has no levers or dials :(. It is clearly missing something. You can't run it in cab mode unless you use the sliders.

Is there some interior dependency that I am missing? Nothing shows faulty, out of date, or open for edit. I didn't see anything on their site that called for additional downloads for dependencies. Running TANE 94916.

Gary

Please anyone change the kuid <kuid:37581:1249> by <kuid2:45324:90101:3> dash2 cab mechanism and it will works fine

Okay, I stumbled on the work-around for this problem, located in Post #81 of this thread. Thanks MF01.
I substituted the Dash2 cab mechanism kuid for the interior one in the config file. Now the interior of the GMD1 looks just right and I'm driving from the interior in cab mode. Perfect.

Thanks again MF01.

Gary

Just some shots from a recent session.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The lighting on this route is amazing. I wish I could copy Scratchy's settings across to just about every other route I have.

Cheers,
Piere.

Great shots mate, thanks for the kind words. Cool looking boxcars. Tbh you probably could, well for new routes, delete all the baseboards from Eagle River, and do a save as so you have a blank template with the environmental settings. haha

I liked the little surprise towards the end of the route.

Bear-01.jpg

Bear-02.jpg

It really is a great route, very atmospheric.

Great shots mate, thanks for the kind words. Cool looking boxcars. Tbh you probably could, well for new routes, delete all the baseboards from Eagle River, and do a save as so you have a blank template with the environmental settings. haha

No worries, it's a great route.

It's actually quite relaxing to just hop up on the tender of one of K&L's steamers on a late afternoon run and just enjoy the scenery rolling by.

As for your suggestion. I am nowhere near capable of starting my own routes to this standard, but you have given me an idea. ;)

Cheers,
Piere.

I got the GMD-1 Eagle River Railway from Australian Trainz Division and got all of the dependencies except <kuid:37581:1131>. Can anyone tell me where I can find this dependency?

The GMD-1 config file has a numbering system using the ARN system but it isn't functional. How does one make ARN functional for this locomotive?

Thanks, John

<kuid:37581:1131>. Can anyone tell me where I can find this dependency?
This the Flexicoil truck used on the GMD1. I can't afford a $40.00 route to run a free engine so I tried substituting <kuid:559188:100856>. It isn't perfect but you can now see the engine. It is nice, no doubt.
Best,
smyers

Running the Tourist Train session. I've reached the Beaver Cove station on the return leg, but nothing happens , instruction wise. Does the session end here?

Back