JR Route Release: Eagle River Railway

Heinrich505....... You could always re-download the session from JR . At no cost :) The DL is unlimited .

Got ta say , nice work on this route Scratchy

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

But I must say , K&L make a nice addition :cool:

Vary well done

Matt

PS could use more coal :hehe:

Scratchy,
Hey, I've got good news and bad news. :confused:

Your fix worked perfectly on Session 6. I'm running in forward, signals working, looks just fine. Saved and opened it again and things were just right. Thanks so much.

For Session 1, I still lose the lead engine when I save and then open the saved game. :( Very peculiar.

For this one, I might have to edit the session, delete the engine, and add it again to see if that works.

I'll check the other two sessions tomorrow if I get a chance.

Thanks so much for your support on this. I really appreciate it.

Gary

Arrghhh, I couldn't go to bed yet - this game is so addicting. Just had to try one more thing.

I went in and edited Session 1, deleting the GP40-2 and then adding it again. I saved the session as Edit 1.

I then opened the edited session, started up the consist, stopped after a few seconds, and saved. Exited. Then opened up the edited session 1 saved game. Presto!!! :clap: Two engines, appeared. Don't know why that would have to be done, but it worked. The invisible GP40-2 was no longer invisible.

But...I was locked in DCC as default with no option to change to cab mode - the little book didn't appear on the upper menu with the tools etc. So, I had to go back in and edit the session rules. I was going to edit the Quick Drive Rule so that Open Quick Drive window on start was checked, but that was already checked. Odd that it didn't show before when I had edited the session.

Then I unchecked Enable gameplay session mode, and saved the edited session again.

Started the edited session 1. No problems. Saved the session. Exited from driver. Then opened the saved game. BINGO! I now had the option to choose DCC or Cab Mode, I chose Cab Mode, closed the windows, and still had both engines, just like I was supposed to.

Scratchy, it is all good. I am forcing myself to close down tonight, but I will check the other sessions as soon as I can.

Thanks for your support. It is always appreciated. The route is really great - I love it.

Gary

I appreciate you testing them, I'll re upload to the JR site and also put a revised copy of the sessions on the DLS

EDIT: Now completed 06/09/2018 - Redownload your files with the sessions in from JR

Last edited:
I appreciate you testing them, I'll re upload to the JR site and also put a revised copy of the sessions on the DLS

EDIT: Now completed 06/09/2018

Can we get the revised activities somewhere on the JR site? Searched DLS and nothing popped up.

Can we get the revised activities somewhere on the JR site? Searched DLS and nothing popped up.

It may not be ready yet. The upload process can take up to 24 hours to complete.

I have also noticed that new uploads generally appear around 11:30 EST am daily so depending upon where you are, check up there relative to this time, i.e. 12:30 pm for Central Time for any uploads available.

Scratchy,
I started running Session 4 last night but couldn’t report as my blasted Internet was down.

I was truly stunned at how spectacular things looked with the afternoon sun slashing intermittently through the trees. It looked so perfect with the shadows. Very nicely done. I love it.

So far things are going well. I’ve been though several signals that were red but then cleared when the train ahead passed. The signals seem to be working correctly but I’m only to the second yard and not to the spot that people reported having trouble yet. I’ll get there this weekend for sure.

I made several pauses and saved the game. So far no problems with saved games, except for the first save. I saved as I was leaving the first yard, exited the game, re-opened the saved game, and things started out just fine, both engines appearing as expected, and then I noticed that all the empty log cars had uncoupled and were behind me at the last switch in the yard. Damn, how embarrassing. Don’t know how that happened unless there was a TANE glitch with the switch and the timing of the save. The doggone cars were still at the crossing and honking at me as I backed up to recouple with the consist. I’m sure many of them were catching it all on their damn cell phones to post on YouTube. Jerks!!!

That uncouple problem did not reoccur on any other save games I did after this save so I’m guessing things got sorted out correctly.

Again, the lighting for this session is really amazing. I’ll let you know how things go for the rest of the session. :D

Gary

Scratchy,
Sorry, no joy. Locked at the signal in the Myrtle Yard, heading back with the load of logs in Session 4. Made it to the loading point and got the logs all loaded. Now I can't get past Signal 1090. Locked on Red. No other trains anywhere on the route. Very odd. I saved, exited, opened to see if things had changed. Nope. Still Red. I tried easing through the red, but the session ended with my illegally passing the red. Scroll to the right to see the HUD showing the red signal in 0.022 miles. The two switches are showing correctly for my path, but I can't get past the signal.

Gary

0B4IEVIx_o.jpg

Scratchy,
Session 3 seems to be mostly okay. I made it to the camp and successfully loaded the logs. On the way back the problem occurred.

Myrtle Yard again. Same signal, Signal 1090. :( It stayed red and wouldn't let me pass after I had dropped off the empty log cars in the yard. The two tracks were properly set to let me pass though. I tried to maneuver around it, but the signal stayed red and most of the other junctions were locked. I even took control of the AI train to see if that would get the signal to change. Nope. No luck.

So, I saved the game, exited, re-opened the game, and then slid through the red signal. The session didn't end when I passed the red signal - but it should. I was able to back into the yard and connect with the logs and the wood chip cars. After that I was able to finish the session with no problem.

So, the session is partly broken, but can be completed if you roll through red signal 1090 at the east end of Myrtle yard. Hope this helps.

Still, I had fun and it is a really good session for your very nice route.

Gary

Still more information. I had to pick up the Steam Session after I purchased the Eagle River 2-8-0 Consolidation and excursion cars from K & L Trainz.

The steam session ran very nicely, with one odd exception. As the engine got close to the trestle bridges, they un-drew themselves as the engine proximity closed. Then, as the engine started to cross the now invisible trestle bridge, the trestle and tracks re-drew themselves under the engine. The engine crossed with no problems. The other bridges didn't have any problems.

The session was great fun and the Eagle River 2-8-0 looked great on your route. Your collaboration with Steve at K&L was a great idea. I took some screenshots.

Gary

3s3SMKMv_o.jpg

Hi guys, thanks for a cool route.
Please tell us what is the latest fix and how to do what regarding the red light and the other glitches.
Jan.

the same trouble in the sessions that has been described for example I cannot get past the red signal after loading wood.
I see we can dl fixed sessions but not sue how and where.

Back