JR Route Release: Eagle River Railway

The route is absolutely stunning and the locomotives are a blast to operate.

With that said, I have a single problem. There's no interchange on the route with the outside world, but gondolas from other railroads are seen in sessions.

The route is absolutely stunning and the locomotives are a blast to operate.

With that said, I have a single problem. There's no interchange on the route with the outside world, but gondolas from other railroads are seen in sessions.

I've had a chat with the RR manager as to where any of the rollingstock/locos are from, turns out they are actually grown on-site from a plantation near Chidlow! Crazy right. They can't always get it right so sometimes stuff with other railroads reporting marks are made and they just have to make do.

TANE_2018-11-05_00-30-24-70.jpg

Rich,

Is that your cat walking across your layout after having a good chew on the treetops?

...Thinking back to my model railroads and my cats eating my bottle brush pines!

I also found a church in the parlor and other rolling stock in the kitchen. I initially blamed my nephew who was 5 at the time, but then I caught my cat walking off with a caboose one day and all the trees mowed down! :)

LOL. Now that's funny.

I came up with a slightly more conventional method of keeping a variety of rolling stock available for the route. A transfer barge that runs between Beaver Cove and Staging Yard Isle. ;)
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers,
Piere.

That's nicely done, Piere.

My method is a bit more conventional. I merged the Eagle River into my Legend of the BN 1 & 2 mega route with a connecting branch coming in to Eagle River at Beaver Cove. The LBN 1 & 2, now called the Northern Pacific, has a substantial yard at Wellington where the two companies can exchange traffic.

I did a similar merge with the the Legacy of the BN at Wilmington yard. The whole operation is tied in with the PVR system.

John

Well done, John.

I like how you integrated things. The Eagle River locos look very much at home at the engine facilities. This gives them some servicing on the southern end with Keane being so far away.

Last edited:
I did a similar merge with the the Legacy of the BN at Wilmington yard. The whole operation is tied in with the PVR system.

John

Cool Idea..... Thinking about merging Coal Country, Eagle River, and possibly Tidewater..... Not a huge fan of Eagle River, but the switch back is a rare treat. Screenshots were more hype then actual game play.

Last edited:
Well done, John.

I like how you integrated things. The Eagle River locos look very much at home at the engine facilities. This gives them some servicing on the southern end with Keane being so far away.

Thank you. The Wilmington yard was renamed Hunts Point and is where the Eagle River and PVR interchange.

John

Cool Idea..... Thinking about merging Coal Country, Eagle River, and possibly Tidewater..... Not a huge fan of Eagle River, but the switch back is a rare treat. Screenshots were more hype then actual game play.

I have merged all of those into the PVR, which includes your Linwood Yard as the PVR's main yard. The Tidewater, Monongahela & Western Pennsylvania, and the Coal country routes have been merged together. The Tidewater and M&WP are are at 300m with Coal Country at 0 meters elevation and were a challenge merging.

John
[h=2][/h][h=2][/h]

LOL. Now that's funny.

I came up with a slightly more conventional method of keeping a variety of rolling stock available for the route. A transfer barge that runs between Beaver Cove and Staging Yard Isle. ;)

Cheers,
Piere.
Would love to see how you added this to the route.

I have merged all of those into the PVR, which includes your Linwood Yard as the PVR's main yard. The Tidewater, Monongahela & Western Pennsylvania, and the Coal country routes have been merged together. The Tidewater and M&WP are are at 300m with Coal Country at 0 meters elevation and were a challenge merging.

John

I've been eying putting Tidewater, the M&WP, and Coal Country together too! Getting the meandering RP&P up to the mainline is quite a challenge, but I've been looking at DEMs of both eastern and western PA and thinking I can chop, hack and fiddle with to get the line connected. The route, when all connected reminds me a bit of the Susquehanna Valley and Lehigh Valley area. Once connected it'll give me an excuse to drag out the old Conrail power. :)

Piere,
Geez, that all looks great. Love the island, and the roundhouse is sharp. Very nicely done. :cool:

Heinrich505

Thanks very much Heinrich.

The roundhouse is made up of various elements of Don49PLM's wonderful kits on the erecting hall. Here and Here. Great assets indeed.

Cheers,
Piere.

I really like those WIP pictures on the Cove area, Roundhouse and yard staging area across the bay Etc,

Everything looks so perfectly placed......Keep up the good work................

Back