JR Route Release: Eagle River Railway

Okay I am confused where are the fulldome, bicycle car, boontown branch eagle river cars from cause I don't think those come with the K&L #50 or the route at JR

If you have both the route, and my steam engine add-on installed, you'll see the cars are named Eagle River ## and then the car type.

01 - Wood Combine
02 - Wood Coach
03 - Boonton Coach
04 - Concession Car
05 - Super Dome
06 - Open Air Coach
07 - Parlor/Open Air Observation

If you just installed them, check the bottom of your list, since thats where all newly installed stuff ends up if you haven't quit the game yet.

Hey Scratchy if I remember correctly you asked to see what Eagle River looked like converted to all SpeedTrees.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I have not gotten all of the billboard trees yet and am still trying to make up my mind about what to do about the billboard splines but this is looking pretty good IMO. (And I think I'm seeing a bit of an improvement in fps although that may be wishful thinking.)

:D

More screenies here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...an-Thread-Hi-Res-images&p=1695705#post1695705

Last edited:
Hey Scratchy if I remember correctly you asked to see what Eagle River looked like converted to all SpeedTrees.

{Pics removed}

I have not gotten all of the billboard trees yet and am still trying to make up my mind about what to do about the billboard splines but this is looking pretty good IMO. (And I think I'm seeing a bit of an improvement in fps although that may be wishful thinking.)

:D

More screenies here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...an-Thread-Hi-Res-images&p=1695705#post1695705

I also replaced the billboards with Speed Trees on my version that I merged into my extended Legend of the BNSF 1 & 2 combined. I changed the textures on the LofBNSF 1 and 2, to match those on the Eagle River, and I extended a branch off of a stub line out of Vern I think it would be, because I call it something else on my version of the route. This meanders along the extended coastline and connects to the stub near the Beaver Cove Docks. In addition to the bigger yard near the depot on the Legends of the BNSF, I setup a couple of interchange tracks where the Eagle River can pick up and set out cars for a connection with the rest of the world. I made one other change near Beaver Cove where I relaid the track over the abandoned loop near the tree lot in the harbor area. Other than that, everything else is still true to the route except for the trees. Now log trains can run around the loop and head back out to the woods with empties, or back their rake into the yard.

I noticed that you used the same Speed Trees I did. Amazingly they seem to fit fine. Some of RMMs bushes work great for replacements, and I too didn't do anything with the spline shrubs. I don't quite know what to do about them so I left them for now.

I also noticed a bit better performance as well. There's actually a bit less overhead with Speed Trees if you have the GPU to handle them, and less work overall for the rest of the system. Once TRS19 is available for full testing, I can't wait to bring this route in and have a peek there. I'm sure it will be splendid. :D

Last edited:
Scratchy, Great job on Eagle River, thanks. I have not had a lot of time to play with it, maybe in a couple of weeks.

In the late 60's to 1973 I worked for a tugboat company that had the contract to tow log rafts, all rail bundles, from Weyerhaeuser's South Bay log dump (in Henderson Inlet) to Everett, WA, about a 2. to 2.5 day trip depending tides and weather.

I never recall seeing a train, but then I was pretty busy for the 4 to 5.5 hours it took to make up the tow.

The only thing left of the operation today is part of a trestle. https://www.google.com/maps/@47.1362014,-122.8504075,3862m/data=!3m1!1e3

Meanwhile, the Eagle River has found themselves in a bind and had to lease a engine and several log cars.

Regards,

u9YfPAl.jpg

hnyjDeJ.jpg

L0rId2D.jpg

Nice Baldwin there, John. :)

Interesting experience back in the "olden" days. I followed the ROW, aka rail trail today, back to its connection in Ranier, WA. It ran for quite a distance to dump the logs in the bay. If the line were every to come alive again for any reason, the nearby NIMBYs would have a fit.

Last edited:
Great screen shots guys. I'm really enjoying them.

I was just up east of Elbe with my son enjoying the mountain a few weeks ago. Yes, the NIMBYs would lose their minds, haha.

Heinrich505

Nice Baldwin there, John. :)

Interesting experience back in the "olden" days. I followed the ROW, aka rail trail today, back to its connection in Ranier, WA. It ran for quite a distance to dump the logs in the bay. If the line were every to come alive again for any reason, the nearby NIMBYs would have a fit.

Thank you, John. It was one of my first attempts at skinning.

Here is a link to some more historical information on the South Bay log Dump. Of note: The lower right B&W photo caption notes that trips might take 4 to 10 days. That might have been true in the 50's and early 60's. By the time I started on the boats some were steel and had up to 1,000HP. You could only use about 750HP, any more than that and you take a chance of ripping the rafts apart. The longest time I made the trip in was about 7 days in late winter. We anchored up in Yukon Harbor (across from Seattle) for 2 days, then made the jump to Port Madison and sat there for a few more days until the wind died down.

https://www.dnr.wa.gov/publications/amp_woodard_bay_history_2.pdf

Regards,

Very interesting John! Thanks for sharing :) Maybe you could reinstate that log dump to the south of the current one on the Eagle River like in the picture you shared above. I wanted to have something like that in Trainz but it became too much of an ask to animate it all unfortunately.

Looks pretty good Normhart, just a shame about the lack of ground cover now.

Awesome route but the following assets show up faulty in Tane SP3 shown in red
39535940_10205184541410516_8766380717627146240_o.jpg

39454128_10205184542050532_8970492548673961984_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing btvfd, can anyone else confirm this? Is there no option to revert to original? I havn't updated to SP3 yet to make sure there were no compatibility issues with those who want to stay on SP2

Hi Scratchy,
Love the route, absolutely awesome job, now I have to flip a coin all the time to decide whether to run this or Coal Country.

As for the above, I can confirm that I have SP3 and none of the above listed by btvfd are showing as faulty on mine.

Regards
Richard

The once a week local coming off of the BNSF branch to Beaver Cove. The cars are set out at Wellington Hill yard on an interchange track where the Eagle River picks up the hand-off. Sometimes an Eagle River Geep will journey across the mainline and into the yard its self and pick up a few extra boxcars bound for Keane. The track between Wellington Hill and Beaver Cove has seen better days.

we12Xbm.jpg

Wow, this route is a true gem! I doubt JR has not even built a narrow gauge line in their previous layouts so the Eagle River is going to be a very interesting route to run. This pack has to be really worth the money. I'm looking forward to buying and running this layout on my copy of T:ANE SP3.

Thanks all for feedback everyone. One final question, have you now run all the sessions completely with no issues/bugs?

Back