Laptop Specs for Trainz 12

jeff1959

I currently own copies of both Trainz10 and Trainz12. My current laptop barely ran T10, and doesn't work with T12. So, I have my eyes set on a new laptop, the Acer Aspire E5 576g Here are the specs:
Windows 10
Intel i5-8250U 1.6 GHz
15.6" Full HD )1920x1080
8 GB DDR SDRAM
256 GB SSD Drive
NVIDIA GeForce MX 150 2GB VRAM

From what I've read, this would run T12. What do you think?

Understand that I realize TANE or SP2 are more desirable. However, I already have legal copies of T10 and T12. I know that to run TANE, I need an ever more powerful computer. However, it comes to money. I can get the above for about $600 USD. I can't afford much more.

I am not familiar enough with hardware requirements enough to be sure this will run. Opinions are welcome

Last edited:
jeff1959 - that laptop's specs will probably drive TS212 moderately well, since the MX150 2Gb is the mobile equivalent of the GTX 1030, nVidia's lowest performing Pascal desktop video card, which is still a step up from many previous generation's cards.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDI...pecs-of-the-GT-1030-for-Laptops.223530.0.html
So - good for TS12.
However, it would not run T:ANE smoothly - at reasonable frame-rates - even at low performance and visual quality settings, especially when coupled with the relatively low base-clock and turbo frequencies of the Intel i5-8250U (1.6Ghz) CPU.
I'd suggest that a better base spec for a T:ANE-capable machine would be an i5 running 4 cores at 3Ghz or better, coupled with a GTX1050-equivalent GPU (at a minimum).
Perhaps also consider a laptop running a Ryzen processor with a modern AMD GPU.

Back