Problems with Sessions-Portals, ASB Controllers, etc

Stewartbf6

I have been working on Cajon pass from Colton Crossing to just past the summit, for several years, rebuilt from updates, fixed, prodded, and recently replaced just about everything to improve look and performance. But, I have noticed that during sessions the following seems to happen at about 70 minutes into the session.

I usually notice derail messages from a train being consumed at a portal, or a train stuck at the ASB Crossover signal. The portals shutdown, trains run to portal and stop. No trains are produced ASB ceases function, even crossing signals fail to respond or stick in the down position. It's like the operations just shut off, it limits sessions. Any thing I should be looking at, I am stumped.

8 gigs
NVidia GeForce 820M
Dell Inspirion 15
Build 90945
I use Quick Portal SP2 for mgmt
ASB Controller from Boats

Well SP3 Build 94916 installed this morning, good news it didn't break my route. Installed cleanly. After a reboot I ran my session.

First, my session starts at 5am, I like the slow reveal of predawn and sunrise, some assets with lighting installed now flicker, like an old tube tv or monitor when being filmed by a camera.

Second Video freezes for about 10-17 count, several times, sound keeps pace though, then settles into a 30 second or so running ok, then two 2 second freeze go freeze. Now this was low and medium, amazingly it disappeared at High setting.

Lastly, portal died consuming first train, they birthed all trains scheduled, which is before first train reaches portal. This doesn't always happen, it can just stop producing trains, consume several then just stop. Crossing signals ATLS fail at same time, but seemed to recover, same with ASB controller, which is different hen before allowing me to continue. HUDs information on speed and next signals status also failed to update. but seemed to recover also after a few minutes.

Portals never recover, ran every remaining train off the route to see. All politely stopped upon reaching portal and had to be manually deleted.

This doesn't seem related to a particular type of portal, tried them all. It's a problem that needs solving.

Stewart

Hi Stewart

Instead of using a portal for deleting trains drive via a trackmark followed by a delete train command. Of course this is no use if you want the train to re-appear from another portal but if you just want to delete them from the route it works every time.

Regards

Brian

That would automate what I'm doing manually for sure, but the production of new trains is critical for my goal of a full shift session.

Thanks

Back