Looking for German Oil/Gas Tanker Cars circa the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s

Heinrich505

I've been culling through the DLC for some German tanker rolling stock, for the time frame around the 30s through the 60s. I haven't found any, listed under DR or BR. My impression from photographs is that they were generic, almost always black or dark colored, four-wheel cars, and usually didn't have anything written on them.

If someone knows where such tank cars are located in the DLC, please direct me to them. I've checked much of the rolling stock listed under WS as posted by author Bigtrain1, but I didn't really see any tanker cars. His website didn't have any.

If there are possible sites I could investigate, please let me know as well.

Thanks for any assistance on this.

Heinrich505

Piere,
Yes, thanks for the suggestions. I checked them both out per your suggestion. I found a few items that will work by proxy for now. Downloading and searching for dependencies was "exciting" but somehow I managed to get some suitable tank cars. :D

Thank-you very much for the reply and the links.

Gary

There's also https://www.trainzdepot.net

The site is in German, but it does have an English translation option. I recommend signing up in case you need to ask questions about content. These guys have truly outstanding content which I think will work well for you and is run by user Basti here on the forums.

John,
Thanks for the link and suggestion. I just checked it out. There doesn't seem to be much content for download regarding rolling stock. I'll have to check into some of their routes though - they looked very interesting. Lots of U-Bahn stuff which looked very good.

Nicely run site. Thanks for the direction.

Gary

Peter,
Thanks for the information. I will check this out.

I was on another site, http://bodo-konrad.de/ and saw some interesting items there, but tried to register and I don't think it went through. You have to be registered there to download.

The plus to all this investigation is that I found some Polish steam engines (on a Polish site, naturally :D) that have working interiors, and I think I can graft them into Bigtrain1's Br.44 and other similar old German steam engines so that the interior works. Most of Bigtrain's steam engine interiors are not interactive, which is too bad because they are great engines. I really enjoy running steam engines from the cab, so I've been looking for a work-around.

I have your Br.52 REKO and your DR Br.50 and I can run both of them from the cab, although I'm not sure if the fireman is actually functioning when I hit spacebar. They are such cool engines. Thanks for your work on them and for sharing.

If you have other suggestions (for sites that might have old tank car versions) or know of some of those German steam engines being updated to have functioning cabs, please let me know. I'm still looking for a German route that goes through Rottweil.

Thanks,
Gary (Heinrich505)

Back