Angle Parking Content (!?)

It seems that the DLS has it's fair share of 90dg, and horizontal parking, but little, or nothing, when it comes to diagonal, or 45dg angle parking content.
The only angle parking that could be found on the DLS was a Streadway str/parking spline.
Ideally diagonal parking with both double, and single spline lines, would be welcomed. It's seems surprising that with the abundance, and of use of such herring bone type
parking configuration's for both commercial, and light industrial facilities. That there would have been a need/build for such an asset somewhere along the line.
A case in point is with some present route work that involves the inclusion of one, or two, holding areas for vehicles that are run onto, or in this case off, autorack cars.
These and other large vehicular storage yards, seem to prefer the herring bone plan of parking, over the conventional right angle type. Other locations where such parking configs are also
found, would be many of the larger convenience, and department type stores.

I rest my parking case on the sidewalk, if any wise soul has knowledge of such parking line content, I would appreciate hearing from you.
Or alternatively is able to delve into their box of building tricks, and knock out a 45dg parking spline that also would be appreciated.

FF

As John mentioned there are a couple of angled car assets in a group,...

<kuid2:523:1015690:1> Carz Group Angled 01
<kuid2:523:1015689:1> Carz Group Angled 02

Cheers,
Roy

It seems that what Firemanflyn is looking for is not a spline of angled parking bays with vehicles but one which can be placed, like a road, and then have cars of the users' choice added. I've had a go at this - it's quite easy to make an angled bay but I've found that (probably due to my incompetence) there is a gap between successive bays. I would illustrate this if I could but it seems that HostThenPost which I have used in the past is no longer available. Perhaps it's a config problem:

username "DDD Parking bays angled"
kuid <kuid2:275817:37987:1>
description "A variable length of parking bays for cars."
trainz-build 3.1
category-class "BH"
category-region "GB;UK"
category-era "2010s"
kind "track"
istrack 0
isroad 0
author "Ray Whiley"
contact-email "via website"
contact-website ""
license "This item may be used, modified, and distributed freely, provided that no payment of any kind is sought or accepted. Please acknowledge me as the original author in any modification which is distributed."
mesh-table
{
{
mesh "Parking bays angled v1.im"
auto-create 1
}
}
track
{
mesh-length 2.7
adjust-cross-section-to-ground 0
adjust-height-to-ground-offset 0
coordinate-transformation "spline"
use-superelevation 0

track-lod-tree
{
lod-distance 5000

high-detail
{
mesh "default"
subdivisions 1
}
}
}
thumbnails
{
{
image "Temporary.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}
kuid-table
{
}

This is the config I've used for splines in the past (for TS10) but the assets have then been aligned along the x-axis with the mesh immediately to the minus side of the y-axis whereas the plane for a parking bay is (of course) angled.

Ray

Last edited:
Hi Ray

Hope I understand what you are doing, but would you need to angle the plane?
Would this work? The black area could be the road texture or transparent.
image1.jpg

Thank you, Ian, this is well worth trying. I had rotated the whole plane with a white border to the texture. I will have a go when I'm next using my desltop computer - I'm on the laptop at present.

Ray

Treadway also has some YARN-ish roads with angled parking as well as fixed-road (intersections and adapters) with the same. I came across these yesterday while looking for something else.

No success with a spline - still gaps between bays - but I have made a set of five as a scenery object which could be used in multiple. A bit rough-and-ready at the moment but I could refine it, and make other lengths, if there is any interest.

Ray

Back