Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Monongahela & Western Pennsylvania

The only issue I have is kuid 2:149987:21709:2 asphalt03 is showing as faulty.
    I tried revert but no help.
    Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

United States of America, Illinois, Palatine
    Blog Entries

I just looked at the route, its amazing, but Im having this one issue, Aren't there suppose to be power poles in this area of the route for these flags hanging off of, because they seem to be missing and I have no missing dependencies. I have Trainz Mac SP2 Build :90946

Quote Originally Posted by mustang13 View Post
    The only issue I have is kuid 2:149987:21709:2 asphalt03 is showing as faulty.
    I tried revert but no help.
    Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
    If you have Asset X by PEV's Tools

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tuto...z-tools/assetx

That's how I fixed mine, If I recall it was uniform color issue and maybe a Texture.txt error? I have fixed so many ASSET errors in TANE it becomes a blur after awhile,,,,hope this helps you.....

Mine works OK after I ran it thru PEV's Tools..........

Question

I just bought this yesterday and seem to be getting a bug from the JR MACK trucks. Can someone tell me where to find the truck updates or tell me how to fix it.

tank : Asset.LookupKUIDTable> unable to find 'taillight' in kuid-table
    (file asset.gs)
    <kuid:506034:743588> "JR car MACK truck blue"
    Stack dump:
    function $Asset@Asset::FindAsset(string), line -1
    function $void@tank::SetLighting(bool), line 98
    function $void@tank::SetProperties(Soup), line 29
    tank : Asset.LookupKUIDTable> unable to find 'headlight' in kuid-table
    (file asset.gs)
    <kuid:506034:743588> "JR car MACK truck blue"
    Stack dump:
    (file asset.gs)
    <kuid:506034:743584> "JR car MACK truck tanker yellow"
    Stack dump:
    (file asset.gs)
    <kuid:506034:743586> "JR MACK truck mixer blue"
    Stack dump:
    tank : Asset.LookupKUIDTable> unable to find 'headlight' in kuid-table
    (file asset.gs)
    <kuid:506034:743586> "JR MACK truck mixer blue"
    Stack dump:

I downloaded the route Sunday and none of the signals show up. They all are missing "Jointed rail smart signal library v1.7"

2018 - Début de fin des Z2N

Ok that worked . Thanx a lot.

First, my grateful thanks to Jointed Rail - Coal Country was and still is great – M & WP looks to be in the same league - please keep it coming.

OK, I seem to have had the same one or two glitches as experienced by others during the download/install process but Kevin gave me a few pointers and that cleared the way.
    However, the real crunch came when having viewed the M & WP List of Dependencies in Content Manager, I discovered that the list included 209 assets marked up as “Open for Edit”PLUS, a further 200 assets that were marked up as “AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD”.

“Modifying” the first 209 items was accomplished in about 1.1/4 hours – no real issue, but as my usual DLS download speed averages out at around 9.6 KB/second, I reckoned that when applied to downloading the 200 missing, but nevertheless, essential assets, I had something like an 8 hour marathon on my hands. It finally mapped out at about 7.1/2.

Accepting that Trainz continues to be a steep learning curve for relative newcomers, are these 200 missing assets down to me only having two US railroads (Hinton Division and Coal Country) on my system, that these new assets were obviously not part of the original TANE package and therefore “new territory”. Did anybody else have the same or similar issues, if not, why? Everything now appears to be good to go but the whole business has been something of a revelation. We live and learn.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by pitmilly View Post
    First, my grateful thanks to Jointed Rail - Coal Country was and still is great – M & WP looks to be in the same league - please keep it coming.

OK, I seem to have had the same one or two glitches as experienced by others during the download/install process but Kevin gave me a few pointers and that cleared the way.
    However, the real crunch came when having viewed the M & WP List of Dependencies in Content Manager, I discovered that the list included 209 assets marked up as “Open for Edit”PLUS, a further 200 assets that were marked up as “AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD”.

“Modifying” the first 209 items was accomplished in about 1.1/4 hours – no real issue, but as my usual DLS download speed averages out at around 9.6 KB/second, I reckoned that when applied to downloading the 200 missing, but nevertheless, essential assets, I had something like an 8 hour marathon on my hands. It finally mapped out at about 7.1/2.

Accepting that Trainz continues to be a steep learning curve for relative newcomers, are these 200 missing assets down to me only having two US railroads (Hinton Division and Coal Country) on my system, that these new assets were obviously not part of the original TANE package and therefore “new territory”. Did anybody else have the same or similar issues, if not, why? Everything now appears to be good to go but the whole business has been something of a revelation. We live and learn.

regards
    I recently uninstalled and reinstalled my copy of TANE Deluxe version (SP3 now), mainly as a means to clear out and purge a ridiculous amount of content, as well as minimising the quantity of updates/patches/hotfixes.

With my reload of the program, I essential had similar status and quantity of assets outstanding as you did.

With my Open For Edit items, I simply filtered on "Open for Edit" so it listed the whole lot in one screen... selected "All"... ad simply Reverted Unsubmitted Edits. All of this was essentially sorted in a matter of seconds with a single mouse click.

With my Download items... I pretty much had this sorted out in less than a quarter of an hour, with download speeds over 1MB/second. Now, for a start, I'm on wireless... not a dial up modem or something antiquated like that. The second thing on this, is I have an FCT (First Class Ticket), which I believe is essential to downloading routes and content thereof.

So, that was my experience with setting up the route from a virtually clean install on the Deluxe version.

Thanks for your comments Forest Runner. Have had Download tickets in the past and your experience definitely suggests their value with this scale of download. We live and learn.

Regards

Blog Entries

Matt

work hard, Play harder

Just purchased this route, and so far, so good. However, are there only two sessions that come with the route, or did I miss a download somewhere?

Question

Only one season seems to be permitted - winter. Is this true??? TS19
    Dick
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1050 4gb video card

If you use seasonal trees, you can drive in autumn or spring with snow (and summer, but with snow too...).

Ok on seasons....

I would be ice if the author could offer some city names...
    Dick
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1050 4gb video card