Monongahela & Western Pennsylvania

The only issue I have is kuid 2:149987:21709:2 asphalt03 is showing as faulty.
I tried revert but no help.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

I just looked at the route, its amazing, but Im having this one issue, Aren't there suppose to be power poles in this area of the route for these flags hanging off of, because they seem to be missing and I have no missing dependencies. I have Trainz Mac SP2 Build :90946
AoGVz5n.png

The only issue I have is kuid 2:149987:21709:2 asphalt03 is showing as faulty.
I tried revert but no help.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

If you have Asset X by PEV's Tools

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/home/utilities/pevsoft-trainz-tools/assetx

That's how I fixed mine, If I recall it was uniform color issue and maybe a Texture.txt error? I have fixed so many ASSET errors in TANE it becomes a blur after awhile,,,,hope this helps you.....

Mine works OK after I ran it thru PEV's Tools..........

I just bought this yesterday and seem to be getting a bug from the JR MACK trucks. Can someone tell me where to find the truck updates or tell me how to fix it.

tank : Asset.LookupKUIDTable> unable to find 'taillight' in kuid-table
(file asset.gs)
<kuid:506034:743588> "JR car MACK truck blue"
Stack dump:
function $Asset@Asset::FindAsset(string), line -1
function $void@tank::SetLighting(bool), line 98
function $void@tank::SetProperties(Soup), line 29
tank : Asset.LookupKUIDTable> unable to find 'headlight' in kuid-table
(file asset.gs)
<kuid:506034:743588> "JR car MACK truck blue"
Stack dump:
(file asset.gs)
<kuid:506034:743584> "JR car MACK truck tanker yellow"
Stack dump:
(file asset.gs)
<kuid:506034:743586> "JR MACK truck mixer blue"
Stack dump:
tank : Asset.LookupKUIDTable> unable to find 'headlight' in kuid-table
(file asset.gs)
<kuid:506034:743586> "JR MACK truck mixer blue"
Stack dump:

I downloaded the route Sunday and none of the signals show up. They all are missing "Jointed rail smart signal library v1.7"

First, my grateful thanks to Jointed Rail - Coal Country was and still is great – M & WP looks to be in the same league - please keep it coming.

OK, I seem to have had the same one or two glitches as experienced by others during the download/install process but Kevin gave me a few pointers and that cleared the way.
However, the real crunch came when having viewed the M & WP List of Dependencies in Content Manager, I discovered that the list included 209 assets marked up as “Open for Edit”PLUS, a further 200 assets that were marked up as “AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD”.

“Modifying” the first 209 items was accomplished in about 1.1/4 hours – no real issue, but as my usual DLS download speed averages out at around 9.6 KB/second, I reckoned that when applied to downloading the 200 missing, but nevertheless, essential assets, I had something like an 8 hour marathon on my hands. It finally mapped out at about 7.1/2.

Accepting that Trainz continues to be a steep learning curve for relative newcomers, are these 200 missing assets down to me only having two US railroads (Hinton Division and Coal Country) on my system, that these new assets were obviously not part of the original TANE package and therefore “new territory”. Did anybody else have the same or similar issues, if not, why? Everything now appears to be good to go but the whole business has been something of a revelation. We live and learn.

regards

First, my grateful thanks to Jointed Rail - Coal Country was and still is great – M & WP looks to be in the same league - please keep it coming.

OK, I seem to have had the same one or two glitches as experienced by others during the download/install process but Kevin gave me a few pointers and that cleared the way.
However, the real crunch came when having viewed the M & WP List of Dependencies in Content Manager, I discovered that the list included 209 assets marked up as “Open for Edit”PLUS, a further 200 assets that were marked up as “AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD”.

“Modifying” the first 209 items was accomplished in about 1.1/4 hours – no real issue, but as my usual DLS download speed averages out at around 9.6 KB/second, I reckoned that when applied to downloading the 200 missing, but nevertheless, essential assets, I had something like an 8 hour marathon on my hands. It finally mapped out at about 7.1/2.

Accepting that Trainz continues to be a steep learning curve for relative newcomers, are these 200 missing assets down to me only having two US railroads (Hinton Division and Coal Country) on my system, that these new assets were obviously not part of the original TANE package and therefore “new territory”. Did anybody else have the same or similar issues, if not, why? Everything now appears to be good to go but the whole business has been something of a revelation. We live and learn.

regards

I recently uninstalled and reinstalled my copy of TANE Deluxe version (SP3 now), mainly as a means to clear out and purge a ridiculous amount of content, as well as minimising the quantity of updates/patches/hotfixes.

With my reload of the program, I essential had similar status and quantity of assets outstanding as you did.

With my Open For Edit items, I simply filtered on "Open for Edit" so it listed the whole lot in one screen... selected "All"... ad simply Reverted Unsubmitted Edits. All of this was essentially sorted in a matter of seconds with a single mouse click.

With my Download items... I pretty much had this sorted out in less than a quarter of an hour, with download speeds over 1MB/second. Now, for a start, I'm on wireless... not a dial up modem or something antiquated like that. The second thing on this, is I have an FCT (First Class Ticket), which I believe is essential to downloading routes and content thereof.

So, that was my experience with setting up the route from a virtually clean install on the Deluxe version.

Thanks for your comments Forest Runner. Have had Download tickets in the past and your experience definitely suggests their value with this scale of download. We live and learn.

Regards

Just purchased this route, and so far, so good. However, are there only two sessions that come with the route, or did I miss a download somewhere?

If you use seasonal trees, you can drive in autumn or spring with snow (and summer, but with snow too...).

Sorry to Necro, but I am having an issue with the Coal Tipple scenario. I get to the signal at the end of the baloon loop after loading, get the message to return, but the signal stays at red. Has anyone else experienced this?

I noticed that a bit of the way down the line, there are 3 empty cars sitting on the track by themselves. Could this be keeping the signal at red?

Last edited:
Sorry to Necro, but I am having an issue with the Coal Tipple scenario. I get to the signal at the end of the baloon loop after loading, get the message to return, but the signal stays at red. Has anyone else experienced this?

I noticed that a bit of the way down the line, there are 3 empty cars sitting on the track by themselves. Could this be keeping the signal at red?

I experienced the same as you. Yes, the stray cuts of coal cars sitting down the track are causing the red. These stray cuts are from your train. Apparently they randomly uncouple.....

I had a saved game that I reloaded and luckily it was saved just after the cars decoupled, right before the coal tipple. I stopped the train and the cars, which were rolling backwards and recoupled and finished the session.

I'm interested in this route, but I was wondering if anyone has a photo of a map of the route just to see what it looks like.

Back