TRS2019 "Insider" News

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
In case you haven't registered yet for the TRS2019 "Insider news", this is the sort of information you are missing out on...

You can register for the Insider News at MyTrainz > Newsletters.

Here's some of the feedback from this week's news:

* These new features are awesome. Looking forward to the release of this new version.

* Simply amazing the renovated and new User Interface for TRS2019, I think is more intuitive and graphical for finding our routes and Locomotives.

* You Guys sure have been busy, looking forward to seeing the whole package. Can't Wait.

* Bloody looks good cant wait to get it i love tne but wow very impressed

What's new about Railyard, except that it was missing from TANE? Please don't start hyping the mundane again. And bear in mind that "awesome" and its ejaculatory cousins are for pre-teens (or even younger), not for grown men with day jobs...

What's new about Railyard, except that it was missing from TANE? Please don't start hyping the mundane again. And bear in mind that "awesome" and its ejaculatory cousins are for pre-teens (or even younger), not for grown men with day jobs...
In this world of misplaced hyperbole on the telly, those kind of adjectives don't ring true.

Harold

Please don't start hyping the mundane again.

Phimat it is called "marketing" and every business, even governments, does it.

In Sydney where I live the skyline is covered with construction cranes building new apartment blocks. Every one of them has around its perimeter fencing banners proclaiming "Luxury Apartments for Sale". In the majority of cases the reality is obviously different, but if one of them stated "Mediocre Apartments" or "Shoebox Apartments" I could guarantee that they would have trouble selling them.

Frankly I find Preview Asset from the CM to be far superior to Railyard. The CM provides a far more sophisticated search capabilities and Preview Asset itself provides a much better view of the asset as well as providing details of LOD, triangles, and seasonal capabilities. And Preview Asset doesn't only do rolling stock.

Frankly I find Preview Asset from the CM to be far superior to Railyard. The CM provides a far more sophisticated search capabilities and Preview Asset itself provides a much better view of the asset as well as providing details of LOD, triangles, and seasonal capabilities. And Preview Asset doesn't only do rolling stock.

This obviously warrants a reviewer's copy.

Cheerio John

Phimat it is called "marketing" and every business, even governments, does it.

In Sydney where I live the skyline is covered with construction cranes building new apartment blocks. Every one of them has around its perimeter fencing banners proclaiming "Luxury Apartments for Sale". In the majority of cases the reality is obviously different, but if one of them stated "Mediocre Apartments" or "Shoebox Apartments" I could guarantee that they would have trouble selling them.

Yes, and the superlatives become devalued and fool no one. But people buying living quarters will have a good idea of what they can afford and will look for that rather then read the signs. Here, we want information and we will look for it. The bs only gets in the way, while at the same time will discourage the undecided.

Incidentally, so far we are offered a replacement for Railyard, missing from TANE. The stamp-album layout of the Routes page looks ridiculous, but hopefully we will have the option to retain the list layout. It seems that the green carpet effect will have only limited use, if is it not to disfigure layouts. And where is the vaunted MP Surveyor? Not a dicky-bird, is there? If that is a non-starter, then perhaps we should press for a restoration of the original file format for routes, as it looks as though the more unwieldy format now in use can cause problems.

Well if marketing, including the hyperbole didn't work, no one would be using it. I see the "stamp album" layout for the routes and sessions as a work in progress. For a more in depth view, CM is still the way to go. Use the right tool for the job. At least there is a choice.

"What's new about Railyard, except that it was missing from TANE? Please don't start hyping the mundane again. And bear in mind that "awesome" and its ejaculatory cousins are for pre-teens (or even younger), not for grown men with day jobs..."

Wow, we are a grouchy bunch huh? :D

"What's new about Railyard, except that it was missing from TANE? Please don't start hyping the mundane again. And bear in mind that "awesome" and its ejaculatory cousins are for pre-teens (or even younger), not for grown men with day jobs..."

Wow, we are a grouchy bunch huh? :D

Fair enough. A projected weekend away was cancelled at the last moment, which didn't help my mood. That said, the marketing guff for TANE NEXT is pretty infantile, so far at least.

Just curious:
With reference to the setup in the new TRS 2019:
What is the range of values of graphics windows can be used in relation to the size of pixels (width and height) available in the new TRS 2019 product?
Can any of the beta testers follow up?

Just curious:
With reference to the setup in the new TRS 2019:
What is the range of values of graphics windows can be used in relation to the size of pixels (width and height) available in the new TRS 2019 product?
Can any of the beta testers follow up?

I am not sure if we have that info yet on the resolution sizes and I don't know any beta testers yet but I know there are some. One showed a screenshot in another thread.

Beta Testers can't answer questions yet as we are under NDA and shouldn't be posting screenshots yet either. Suggest you address any questions to N3V.

Back