New nVidia graphics drivers Ver. 398.36 available now...

PC_Ace

Hauling Heavy Pixels
Time to upgrade your nVidia video card drivers again!
A few bug fixes - including to G-Sync and a couple of game-specific optimisations - but otherwise not a lot different...
Runs T:ANE well. :)

Time to upgrade your nVidia video card drivers again!
A few bug fixes - including to G-Sync and a couple of game-specific optimisations - but otherwise not a lot different...
Runs T:ANE well. :)

Thank you, PC_Ace. I had a hunch something was coming along soon, having checked yesterday but nothing was available earlier in the day.

All happening, Win 10 Cumulative Update, Firefox Update, Nvidia update....... updates every couple of weeks is getting to be annoying with 3 Win10 PC's, mind you Mint Linux seems to be nearly as bad.

I think I’ll pass. The fact that every update claims to have bug fixes means they are either not very good at finding and fixing existing bugs, or are introducing new ones with each update. The cynic in me says it’s just a ploy to keep the nvidia name in front of your eyes at a regular interval. Unless there is a specific problem affecting my system, I’ll only bother updating at 6 monthly intervals.

When I installed early this morning, I found out that Nvidia's Geforce Experience gets loaded by default. You can't even uncheck the option in the custom install. I let it install then uninstalled it afterwards because it does nothing more than drag down the performance.

I don't care to broadcast my Trainzing sessions over NVidia's Geforce gaming network or use the Shadow Play service to make video captures.

I was given the choice to include GeForce Experience at the very outset - and declined their kind offer.
It wasn't installed.
Also noticed the change in options available for configuring download and installation components once the installation began however.
Did you install from a download to your device from their official drivers download page, or did you simply run it from their page?
That might explain the difference in choices made available.

Likewise, however I noticed that they have changed the initial install screen so you deselect Nvidia Experience before you get to the options screen.

Drivers seem OK, done all three Win10 PC's from the one download, anyone noticed that the downloads are getting larger with each update?

Drivers seem OK, done all three Win10 PC's from the one download, anyone noticed that the downloads are getting larger with each update?

Yes I noticed that too. It makes sense if the bug fixes are cumulative, as they should be (and if the updates themselves keep unintentionally introducing new bugs).

On my Win 7 gaming PC, I was given the choice "with or without" the GeForce Experience option, at the very outset. As usual, I declined there offer. I was also given the option of a "clean install". Took that offer. Everything went well. Continue to be a happy camper!!!

Cheers, Mac.

I think I’ll pass. The fact that every update claims to have bug fixes means they are either not very good at finding and fixing existing bugs, or are introducing new ones with each update. The cynic in me says it’s just a ploy to keep the nvidia name in front of your eyes at a regular interval. Unless there is a specific problem affecting my system, I’ll only bother updating at 6 monthly intervals.

I agree, I normally only update my video drivers if I notice a game isn't performing well. The fact that now you have to register an account to use Experience sucks too, so it is a no install on my system. Reading Nvidia forums many users agree.

Chris750 - There have been many optimisations and measurable improvements made by both AMD and nVidia to their graphics drivers in recent months/ years.
These not only include bug fixes, but many device control and game-specific enhancements and performance tweaks, so downloading and installing the latest available version normally makes a lot of sense.
You do not need to install (and register) the burdensome GeForce Experience software. You can install the nVidia drivers without this - by making a simple tick-box selection - as discussed above.

Back