Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USLW Is gone

United States of America, Maryland, Sykesville

who made the ballast cars

There was some really good stuff up there (off the top of my head, namely Dylanviey's stuff and Gfisher's stuff), hopefully something happens with it.

Sad news, but it seems like most of the members of the site have either moved on to greener pastures or left Trainz, so it was only really a matter of time I guess.

I guess there is no Wayback Machine snapshot of the site ?

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    I guess there is no Wayback Machine snapshot of the site ?
    There are a few but not to the downloads

I will miss that site for some good content they had on there including some of NS37's earlier work like the BNSF H1 SD40-2 and SD40-2B. I do have some of that stuff on me which I will hold on to for a long time.

To me it is just a crying shame that this important site was let to close down

I had plans to archive all the assets on USLW ... but if One builds a route, with their assets, they will show up as missing unlocatable assets to others who download your route
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; September 11th, 2018 at 10:48 AM.

Yes, a route from Trainz Forge is missing about 5 things with gfisher's kuid. What can I do about that? Is there a way to contact him? He's on here so I could pm him with the kuid's. I guess if you missed something from uslw before it went down you're out of luck unless you can find someone who has the asset and can send it to you. I have a bunch of stuff from USLW mostly scenery objects and the CN 2-8-2, but not everything. I might also have the Reading GP30's that used to be on the site. I found this site with a bunch of RBMN stuff including GP30's but then I discovered it's for that Dovetail train sim, not Trainz.
    Last edited by rwk; September 11th, 2018 at 04:24 PM.

I do remember there being a Wayback machine link to the download index page (Archived 2013 I believe)
    I have it somewhere, but i cannot find it.

The download links are all dead on Wayback ... It has ceased to exist ... It's a dead parrot

Well, they work for me lol
    That's how i got the SBD SD40-2

Try this link, I thinkthis is what I was refering to
    https://web.archive.org/web/20120705...wnloads/files/

and to test it, try this link

https://web.archive.org/web/20120705...P30%20Pack.cdp

Quote Originally Posted by rwk View Post
    Yes, a route from Trainz Forge is missing about 5 things with gfisher's kuid. What can I do about that? Is there a way to contact him? He's on here so I could pm him with the kuid's. I guess if you missed something from uslw before it went down you're out of luck unless you can find someone who has the asset and can send it to you. I have a bunch of stuff from USLW mostly scenery objects and the CN 2-8-2, but not everything. I might also have the Reading GP30's that used to be on the site. I found this site with a bunch of RBMN stuff including GP30's but then I discovered it's for that Dovetail train sim, not Trainz.
    Do you still have the CN 3254 KUID? I would really like them. I have some Lackawanna coaches calling its name.

I do have the download link from the wayback machine here,if you go down to "CN_2_8_2.cdp" then you can get it. There's also archived bobber cabooses and other things that might be of interest to .
    Trial and error. That is the best way to learn for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by RailFan500CA View Post
    I do have the download link from the wayback machine here,if you go down to "CN_2_8_2.cdp" then you can get it. There's also archived bobber cabooses and other things that might be of interest to .
    Thanks so much. So far, it has worked. I am putting a link to this on my desktop right now.

I had tried ye olde wayback machine, but tried DLing from the actual webpage part, not a directory. Thanks again,
    TrainMan05/MatthewB.

Very Random, but how do you change the Train in the banner/picture next to your name? I'm very new to the forums. In the case of RailFan500CA, a little Ten-Wheeler. I want to have a T1, but I don't know how to get one. Thanks in advance, TM05