AI In Easy or Realistic mode

ecco

When going into Quick Drive I have the option of using Easy or Realistic mode. I don't drive trains. I pay my AI engineers to do that.

But I was wondering if there is any difference in the AI physics in terms of acceleration, deceleration and signal recognition/usage.

The AI always uses easy (DCC) mode as far as I have been able to figure, regardless of what you select on Quick Drive. That choice is aimed at the user who wishes to drive.

It wont matter unless you need to take control of an AI train. If easy is selected and you need to help an AI train the controls will be the easy ones. If you select realistic then that is what you will be in. You can change your choice in game by clicking on the quick drive icon top right in the driver mode and select which one to use.

AI drives exclusively in DCC mode. The only time I have seen that matter is when you are figuring out tonnage ratings for grades. DCC physics are far more friendlier than Cab Control physics.

I found this out while trying to double head by having an uncoupled AI train pushing on the rear of the train I was driving under Cab Control. Getting up the grade with the AI using DCC physics was far easier than the same tractive effort governed by Cab Control physics.

Back