So, how big is yours?

14.3GB for TS12
79,5GB for TANE SP1

TS12 is an almost clean install.
TANE has a few downloads, but since I hardly have time nowadays to check all the new stuff, hardly anything gets added nowadays.

TANE install about 260GB on a 500GB SSD.
There's some free space to grow.

And I have a directory of 135GB with stuff that is not yet installed. (pay and free ware)
Better to have it then come back later and everything is gone.

☼♣☼

I have 658 GB in my Tane SP3 Beta Database
181,568 Files, 15,234 Folders
It is growing exponentially and not a BSOD insight.

I know my old TS12 is bigger but I am not game to look (it has now become a graveyard and is there just in case!).
Everything is backed up on a 4x1 TB disks QNAP (can never be to careful).

In TRS2006 the Local file contains all your routes and downloaded assets, and as my laptop has only 2GB RAM, and "on motherboard" integrated graphics CPU chip, when my Local file contains 4038 RGCX railcars, it gets really sluggish, and oftentimes BSOD's, as my PC is gorged on Trainz assets ... So a large Local file just slays your PC

I have 658 GB in my Tane SP3 Beta Database
181,568 Files, 15,234 Folders
It is growing exponentially and not a BSOD insight.

I know my old TS12 is bigger but I am not game to look (it has now become a graveyard and is there just in case!).
Everything is backed up on a 4x1 TB disks QNAP (can never be to careful).

Excellent plan!

Not having a backup is for the fool hardy as some of us have found out the hard way. Just last night I noticed a drop in performance on my data drive. I defragged it as usual, but it didn't make much of a difference. Well during my backup, I got the dreaded Error 23 ReadFile(Data error (cyclic redundancy check) It appears that the drive dying, rather suddenly, and it's a good thing I did have a previous backup only a week ago and I was able to salvage my T:ANE content that my backup didn't catch.

I've got 523 GB. Mostly obscure stuff from Russia and stuff that is no longer available.

If I liked American trains i'd had more.

Marcos

I'm sitting at 382.7 GB with TS12. Gonna need to upgrade my computer before making the switch to TANE

Back