What are your priorities in Trainz ?

cascaderailroad

What are your priorities in Trainz ?

List them here:

1) Get the entire 200 mile long trackage, and curves installed, from Harrisburg/Enola Pa to Conway Pa (requiring many, many, hours of work, jamming up Trainz, making Trainz come to an absolute crawl)

2) Get the smaller 100 mile long trackage from Mount Union Pa to Johnstown Pa installed (almost completely done)

3) Get the Altoona Yards trackage installed (something that will never be filled up, as it will make Trainz come to an absolute crawl)

4) Download all 4038 RGCX railcars, and make a 41 mile long train (jamming up my Local folder, making Trainz come to an absolute crawl)

5) Continue losing weight, modifying my high vegetarian diet, and get my diabetes under control (or none of these will get done)

6) Get a $2000, 1.21 GigaWattz, 1080 video card, gaming desktop PC built

Last edited:
1) Complete scenery from Columbia, South Carolina to Savannah, Georgia. (Done)
2) Rebuild the CSX Eastover sub from Columbia, SC to Sumter, SC.
3) Rebuild the CSX CN&L sub from Columbia to Laurens,SC.
4) Finish track and structures between Savannah,GA and Florence, SC via Charleston, SC.
5) Install Shaw Airforce Base, Ft Stewart Army installation in Ft Stewart Ga.
6) Install the Charleston Weapons Depot
7) finish scenery at Savannah, Charleston, and Florence.
8) Convince my self that it is worth the time to rebuild the CSX Jacksonville Division and include Moncrief, Baldwin and Waycross yards.
9) Convince my Employer (Mars Pet Care) that I need time off from running the company track mobile to do all this.

I got some priorities that probably will never happen for a while:

1:Try to get the USRA light pacific that was a bonus for the T:ANE pre-order. Or...

2:pay N3V to make USRA light pacific that was a pre-order bonus for T:ANE available on the Trainz store as payware if it is possible to.

3:Actually try to learn how to use blender. (I can't even use Ketchup/Sketchup right,that is how BAD I am at modelling.:eek:)

4:Stop being lazy and actually try to make a route worthy of being okay to go on the DLS that uses DLS only and built-in dependency's.

5:Actually get a video card with some guts in it,since the NVIDIA GT 710 2GB in the PC tower I have that is now on 64-bit is under powered for games like T:ANE.

And last but not by any chance least:
Get more steam locomotives. MUCH MORE STEAM LOCOMOTIVES.:hehe:

1. Try to stay alive while waiting to get on a liver transplant list.
2. If I make it past 1, enjoy my time messing around in surveyor.
Cheers

1. Finish the 0-4-0 CNJ loco I have been building for years. It started off in TS12 and then I converted it to FBX except for the drivers which will be a nightmare. Now I'm repainting it in PBR materials because the paint tool I'm using way better than anything I've used before. The paint results are incredible.
2. Make a dent in the 8000 or so broken assets being fixed by the CRG. Every time we get the number down N3V add more validation and the count goes back up.
3. Stay alive. :hehe: I like to stay active but the body is losing interest.
4. Lose some weight. 20 kg would be nice.
5. Buy a new PC with a top end video card. My current PC is OK(ish) but down the pecking order in the recent PC review.
6. I get distracted a lot with yard work that I don't mind doing but it takes me away from Trainz. Maybe that's a good thing.

1. Trying to get back to my rather large project based in another country.
2. Make it look as near as possible to the real thing.
3. Meet a man from there keen to see me as he didn't expect anyone would do as I am doing..
4. Get back to another visit after such a gap!

To have people understand that to me it is NOT A GAME! But a tool to help me escape into my personal void and take a breather from real life issues.
It is where reality meets the "whatever you want it to be and more a world of imagination".

My immediate priority is to go outside and cut the grass (weeds) and spray it with 2 gallons of vinegar, 2 lbs of table salt, and 2 big bottles of cheepo dish soap ... to burn it out ... So I don't have to cut it again this season

My long term priorities are:

1) Get SP3 installed
2) Work on my TRS2006 route in TRS2006
3) Import that TRS2006 route into TS12, and import that TS12 route into T:ANE SP3, for running/testing
4) Make lunch, and crack open a "cold one"
5) Take a "Pappy Nap" siesta

Settle on one railroad, one location, and one time period. As it stands right now, all I'm doing is going in circles. And creating a massive mess of locomotives I'll probably never even use in the process.

Hmmm... Kind of like the model railroad tendencies I've tried so hard to get away from. heh

1. Continue to work on my Cajon Pass which is designed for me, not to emulate the operation of the real thing. Want to add branchline operations.industry

2 Build a WHAT IF route based on old San Diego and Arizona RR through Campo, utilizing reasons that modern Baja Railway was investigating.

3. Continue to gain skills in Trainz, get the ultimate PC to eliminate bottlenecks

Back