New Owner Questions

brucem56

Hi - I purchased TMR2017 DLC Bundle for TANE Owners that's currently on sale and have a couple questions.

How do I use the M120 Modules that are supposedly included? I can't see them anywhere. After my purchase and email confirmation I started TANE and all that downloaded were the routes, nothing about TMR2017 or the M120 Modules.

Also, how do I get TMRR to show in my timeline? Since its a digital download there is no need to register, but my timeline hasn't updated.

Thank you - I have spent time searching the forum and WIKI trying to find these answers.

Cheers
Bruce

This content pack is not the same as the game, so it will not show in your timeline.
The M120 modules can all be found on the DLS.

Also was wondering if Bae Dawe is supposed have no textures like this?

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

2. M120 Modules that are supposed to come with the package are not on the DLS.
Maybe the modules you think come with it are not, but those that do come with it are.
Okay... strickly technically speaking you are correct: the versions of the modules in it are between the versions on the DLS, but except for a difference in version and a few spline switches they are the same.

Trust me... I build them... and they are not that special.

They are demo / starter routes. The “M120” standard is more interesting as the idea was you can use modules build by others and easily merge them into a larger route. I build two modules with it (also on the DLS) and so did a few others. You will also find simple “loop” or “end” modules to turn trains around and make it one long route.
... and then I had a serious lack of time (something with babies) to continue building modules myself.

I trust you, I can only go by what the website says - that the purchase includes 4 M120 Connectable Modules by "itareus". So they aren't the Modules that I "think" come with it, they are the Modules that are "advertised" to come with it.

It says nothing about having to find and download items from the DLS, only that it will appear the next time I start TANE, which some of it did. The routes I was able to download, or at least parts of them.

Thanks for your help, appreciated.

Also was wondering if Bae Dawe is supposed have no textures like this?

Bruce, It looks like you may have some missing dependencies. They may only need to be downloaded.

When you open TANE, click on Manage Content.

With the 'Filter' showing 'installed' locate the route or session in question.

Right-click it and select 'List Dependencies Recursively'

When that opens, in the lists click on 'Status' which will sort the dependencies in batches.

Look for 'Available for download' then right-click and download. That's the easy part.

If there are any 'unknown' you may need to message the author of the route to clarify any missing dependencies.

Good luck,
Roy

Roy3b3 - nothing showing as available for download, no unkown's. All good in that regard. It is showing a faulty dependency asphalt 03 - seasonal <kuid2:149987:21709:2> Status is listed as Modified, faulty

I trust you, I can only go by what the website says - that the purchase includes 4 M120 Connectable Modules by "itareus". So they aren't the Modules that I "think" come with it, they are the Modules that are "advertised" to come with it.
Interesting. You got me in doubt now.
I assumed the "TMR2017 DLC Bundle for TANE Owners" would contain the exact same (M120) routes as TMR2017 has. In TMR2017 there are (as far as I recall) only those 4 demo modules made by me.
I know "itareus" made some model railroad content, as did I, but was not aware of any routes of his hand in that game. Maybe I simply forgot about this content in TMR2017; could be.. it has been over a year that I had that game installed (and yes... I know it doesn't show in my time-line... that is a long lasting ticket with the helpdesk :hehe:).

I hope someone else can make an end to my doubt.

It is showing a faulty dependency asphalt 03 - seasonal <kuid2:149987:21709:2> Status is listed as Modified, faulty
See if reverting it to original fixes that problem.
For some reason "built-in" content and "payware" seems to be allowed to be faulty (or at least some of the time)... as long as not edited.

Last edited:
Interesting. You got me in doubt now.
I assumed the "TMR2017 DLC Bundle for TANE Owners" would contain the exact same routes as TMR2017 has. In TMR2017 there are (as far as I recall) only those 4 demo modules made by me.
I know "itareus" made some model railroad content, as did I, but was not aware of any routes of his hand in that game. Maybe I simply forgot about this content in TMR2017; could be.. it has been over a year that I had that game installed (and yes... I know it doesn't show in my time-line... that is a long lasting ticket with the helpdesk :hehe:).

I hope someone else can make an end to my doubt.

See if reverting it to original fixes that problem.
For some reason "built-in" content and "payware" seems to be allowed to be faulty (or at least some of the time)... as long as not edited.

I just followed the link from the Trainz Store to purchase the product. On the description page, near the bottom where it lists what's included in the package. Thanks for checking though, appreciate the help.

I tried reverting to original, but nothing changes. The option is available (not greyed out), but has no effect. Still shows as "Modified, Faulty".

Cheers
Bruce

Have you opened content manager clicked on file and selected download purchased items? Close trainz and then re-open and start trainz. A window should appear with items of DLC to install some assets may be here and don't install automatically.

Roy3b3 - nothing showing as available for download, no unkown's. All good in that regard. It is showing a faulty dependency asphalt 03 - seasonal <kuid2:149987:21709:2> Status is listed as Modified, faulty

Bruce, Try reverting the dependency "back to original" - Because the original <kuid2:149987:21709:1> asphalt 03 works fine at my end.

Cheers,
Roy

Bruce, Try reverting the dependency "back to original" - Because the original <kuid2:149987:21709:1> asphalt 03 works fine at my end.
Cheers,
Roy
The problem is he has version 2 not 1, Revert to original does not take it back a version number. Revert restores the kuid back to its installed condition after you make any changes to it.
Version 2 was created for TMR2017 and is not on DLS.

Have you opened content manager clicked on file and selected download purchased items? Close trainz and then re-open and start trainz. A window should appear with items of DLC to install some assets may be here and don't install automatically.

Yes, did this and also DB Rebuild. No luck at all.

Well, all I can say this is very disappointing to say the least. I don't think I'll ever purchase another route from the Trainz Store. Last year I purchased Legacy of BN II, Brazemore Yard, and a few other routes. Both Brazemore and Burlington have faulty sessions. Yesterday I purchase the TMR on sale and it's got a faulty dependency and missing parts. Brazemore Yard, as well as broken sessions, also shows the same faulty dependency as Bea-Dawe, the seasonal asphalt.

I'm not slamming anyone or N3V, I truly enjoy this game but find it frustrating that these things continue to occur. I'm not a builder, I don't build routes or sessions. I'm just not good at it and don't much care to be. I like to drive trains, that's why I purchase routes rather than build them. I prefer to purchase routes because I have no interest in searching for 100's of missing and unknown kuid's that is often the case with free routes downloaded off the DLS. I place no blame on the designers of the free routes and very much appreciate the work they do and share with the community.

It just seems like an impossible system and there doesn't appear to be any way around it. Oh well, maybe someday they'll come up with a better system.

Thanks to everyone who offered their help here, much appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce

I'd suggest checking if there's any planned downtime affecting the DLC server (look in Announcements). If you're getting faulty sessions though I'd suggest checking these for errors/warnings as false positives can happen.

Shane

I'd suggest checking if there's any planned downtime affecting the DLC server (look in Announcements). If you're getting faulty sessions though I'd suggest checking these for errors/warnings as false positives can happen.

Shane
I'm sorry, I don't understand - planned downtime? How does that affect routes I purchased last Xmas? I have tried using "Download Purchased Items" more than once, nothing changes and nothing else shows up to download.

Since purchasing and downloading TMR yesterday I now have 6 payware routes purchased from the Trainz Store that all show a faulty asset - Asphalt 03 - seasonal. The routes are:

Bea-Dawe
Brazemore Yard
Warwick-Wallangarra
ECML Kings Cross
Fall Harvest Nebraska
Columbia River Basin
Niddertalhabn

It's as if the faulty asset in TMR has replaced the asset in those other routes.

I now have 6 routes gone faulty because of 1 asset. This is very confusing.

Last edited:
It can affect depending on when you try and download the content. In terms of the faulty asset I'd suggest using view errors and warnings to see what's wrong with it.

Shane

Back