Article: Comparison shots TANE vs TRS2019

You guys are getting better each year! I didnt think you guys would come up with something significantly better than T:ANE! I mean, the jump from ts2012 to TANE was huge. total renovation! In the first picture, you can see the plain, old, bland scenery. In the other one, you see major quality enhancements, better shaders and a new, mordern look. shadows look better. the grass looks much softer and has hight now. Is that what the route will look like when TRS19 is released? Will there be any new routes?
Thanks,
dundun92

Yes I can agree that the graphics are looking better, but it's not all about looks. Personally I would like to see some information at some point on night lighting, weather effects, and the sound engine...because the doppler effects in tane are a joke, sorry to say. If other simulators can get it down almost perfectly, I don't understand why these guys can too. Other than that small rant, as a content creator...I'm really looking forward to using pbr materials from now on. What a difference it makes in quality!

Cheers,
-Andrew R.

I can't do a comparison, and I might get into some trouble for releasing a non-approved screenshot, but here goes anyway...

2018-06-22_174438.png

Please note that point lights other, than headlights, are still on our to-do list. For the non-technical that means that we still have to fake the appearance of light elsewhere.

I spell rather well, actually - however my fingers are very poor at hitting the correct keys, and my editing/revision skills are sadly lacking ;)

Yes I can agree that the graphics are looking better, but it's not all about looks. Personally I would like to see some information at some point on night lighting, weather effects, and the sound engine...because the doppler effects in tane are a joke, sorry to say. If other simulators can get it down almost perfectly, I don't understand why these guys can too. Other than that small rant, as a content creator...I'm really looking forward to using pbr materials from now on. What a difference it makes in quality!

Cheers,
-Andrew R.
AND A BETTER COLLISION SYSTEM!( Not to the point where it gets graphic, but like train simulator 2018).

Have to say it's really big improvement in terms of details and shaders but the current palette... I dunno. Wish you guys could tweak things a bit.

What I mean is the first picture is less detaily but still overly welcoming while the second one has bleak colors, like it's desaturated too much and little too cold - look at the sky for example and the grass color is also bit unreal. It would be okay for late autumn I guess but not for lush spring or summer. Take a comparison with real photos for example: https://imgur.com/a/Nu6xln5.

And if you improved skybox (which is not very hardware-demanding feature in itself) it would show a lot as clouds are always making wonderful pictures (even greater when being reflected on water).

But I have to say the night lighting is really awesome.

Last edited:
Have to say it's really big improvement in terms of details and shaders but the current palette... I dunno. Wish you guys could tweak things a bit.

What I mean is the first picture is less detaily but still overly welcoming while the second one has bleak colors, like it's desaturated too much and little too cold - look at the sky for example and the grass color is also bit unreal. It would be okay for late autumn I guess but not for lush spring or summer. Take a comparison with real photos for example: https://imgur.com/a/Nu6xln5.

And if you improved skybox (which is not very hardware-demanding feature in itself) it would show a lot as clouds are always making wonderful pictures (even greater when being reflected on water).

But I have to say the night lighting is really awesome.
Yeah, I Just noticed. The ground looks faded(Almost black and white). It looks more fake and dull... It still looks nice though...

Yeah, I Just noticed. The ground looks faded(Almost black and white). It looks more fake and dull... It still looks nice though...
I agree, the details are great. Nothing good post-processing and color-correction couldn't manage (perhaps some saturation slider in-game?).
I just boosted saturation and few colors a bit to make it more warm and voila: https://i.imgur.com/jon5g9p.jpg
(now I realize it's still not quite there and that overly vivid colors could cause eyestrain for longer gameplay so it's only meant as an example as we all know some fine tuning is still taking place)

Last edited:
Trying to get another interview, eh? ;)
Am amazed that I am remembered for my criticism.

No one remembers when I was condemned for my enthusiasm in the dark early days of TANE.

Was called a "cartoon character".

Just call them as I see them.

And I have much better screenshots of TRS2019 that they didn't publish in the interview.

Harold

Last edited:
I see that TRS 2009 changes some buildings from TANE, just like that football field. :p There is still some work to be done in lightning as you said, but looks pretty decent to me... Could you post a screenshot with no clouds and sun at 12:00pm Tony?

Back