Looking for PRR E44 Electrics

Heinrich505

I was doing some research into the PRR and stumbled across the electric E44 engines. I figured they'd go nicely with my GG1s.

TrainzStop seemed to be the only place that listed them but it appears that site has gone away. The download links did not work.

Does anyone know where - or if - they might be found? It looks like an interesting electric to have.

Heinrich505

Yeah it sucks even when trying via webarchive it doesn't work but there's one still on WIP but no news yet

K&L has a PRR B-1, very nice-looking, for a nominal price. If you want to go that far pre-GG1 there's also a P5a (streamlined or boxcab) on Trainz Pro Routes (free registration required).

Oops, misread that as PRE-E44 electrics. Never mind.

Last edited:
I was doing some research into the PRR and stumbled across the electric E44 engines. I figured they'd go nicely with my GG1s.

TrainzStop seemed to be the only place that listed them but it appears that site has gone away. The download links did not work.

Does anyone know where - or if - they might be found? It looks like an interesting electric to have.

Heinrich505

Talk to Deadpoolmx55. He was the head at TrainzStop and is now over at JR.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll check with Deadpool and see what he says. I actually remember seeing these "bricks" ripping up and down the eastern corridor. They dumped a boatload of them in the Wilmington DE trainyard shop and that is where most of them died. Sad.

Heinrich505

Heinrich505

So I checked out the "TrainzStop" page: http://jcal555jc.wixsite.com/trainzstop/downloads

I was able to download the bp20 pack and the CN SD75i but not the E44 pack and dependencies. Somehow the links/code is broken for the E44 files but when I viewed the page source, I was able to piece together the link to the file locations. The files themselves are still there. Here are the links:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2lp6kwzg31xexpu/e44+pack.cdp

http://www.mediafire.com/file/txzg22iothwg24k/depse44.cdp

Best regards,
-Mark

It works many thanks ! Next time I will check better when "inspecting the element"

It works many thanks ! Next time I will check better when "inspecting the element"

In this case I had to "View source" using Google Chrome, not just "Inspect Element" and each link had additional separators that had to be removed to make it a normal weblink.

-Mark

Mark1223,
This is amazing! :) Your links worked perfectly. Now I've got PRR "Bricks" for the northeast corridor. Thanks so much for digging into this.

The cab interior isn't quite right (no high nose blocking the view forward) but I'm not complaining. I'd pretty much given up on getting them at all. A PRR victory!!!

Thanks so much. This is really appreciated. Have you seen the E44 that was restored?

Heinrich505

Mark1223,
This is amazing! :) Your links worked perfectly. Now I've got PRR "Bricks" for the northeast corridor. Thanks so much for digging into this.

The cab interior isn't quite right (no high nose blocking the view forward) but I'm not complaining. I'd pretty much given up on getting them at all. A PRR victory!!!

Thanks so much. This is really appreciated. Have you seen the E44 that was restored?

Heinrich505
Try substituting one of the cabs from a GP9 or ALCO RS series. Not realistic but we do what we can.

KenRuof,
Good suggestion. I was thinking along those lines but wasn't sure which, the GP9 or the Alco would be more appropriate. Maybe the Alco - looks like they have a longer front hood.

Also, I found that the Conrail E44 had also been downloaded with the PRR and PC. Got em all!!! This is great!

Heinrich505

A pair of PRR E44 "Bricks" are shoving a set of tanker cars off the mainline, using boxcars as a stick so they can stay connected to the Catenary lines. A waiting PRR GP38 will push the tanker cars to the refinery once uncoupled from the E44s.
That is Marcus Hook in the background, for those of you not familiar with the Northeast corridor. I grew up in the area and am very familiar with Marcus Hook, as well as Philly - Wilmington DE. Thanks to mnrrlirr for his Amtrak's Corridor route.

It is probably not prototypical action for this line, but I just wanted to thank y'all with a screenshot for helping me get those PRR E44s.

Heinrich505

emdYuN5X
emdYuN5X_o.jpg

A pair of PRR E44 "Bricks" are shoving a set of tanker cars off the mainline, using boxcars as a stick so they can stay connected to the Catenary lines. A waiting PRR GP38 will push the tanker cars to the refinery once uncoupled from the E44s.
That is Marcus Hook in the background, for those of you not familiar with the Northeast corridor. I grew up in the area and am very familiar with Marcus Hook, as well as Philly - Wilmington DE. Thanks to mnrrlirr for his Amtrak's Corridor route.

It is probably not prototypical action for this line, but I just wanted to thank y'all with a screenshot for helping me get those PRR E44s.

Heinrich505

Small world, I grew up in the same general area in Claymont, DE.

-Mark

Are the EL/CR U36C, and CN sd75i, mediafire links there also, using your method ?

Well, the CN SD75i link actually worked for me, as did the BP20 link. I didn't look to see if the U36c link was buried in the source for the page, I stopped looking after I found the E44 because I was looking for that one myself. :D

I would encourage you to "View Source" for the page in Google Chrome and do a "Find" or "Find in page" (in Chrome) for "mediafire" and then see if you can track it down yourself. Let me know if you have any luck. PM me if you would like a little further guidance.

Regards,
Mark

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

:hehe: Thanks for this thread, I learned a new technique for salvaging old site links and got some good stuff.

Mark1223,
Claymont was just down Harvey Road and practically in my back yard. I lived just above Arden, a few blocks from the Arden Sub Shop that made the best subs ever!
Had to do some serious searching down here in Texas to find a place that was even close for subs.

Heinrich505

Back