Is there a more organised/grouped way to insert commands from Schedule Library?

Davie_UCF

Here since 2001, Trainz!!
I like that in the schedule library you can organise things into groups. However this doesn't translate over to 'Copy Commands' when inserting them into driver commands. Everything is just alphabetical.

I was hoping there would be a command somewhere that inserts commands from the schedule library but keeps them in their groups.

Anyone?
thanks

1 Open edit session rules.
2 Right mouse click on Schedule Library.
3 Copy it.
4 Paste this in your favorite editor.
5. Take a look, are you brave enough to try to edit?
6. Finish your edits, copy all.
7. Go back to Trainz, paste back into session rules.

Disclaimer, this may work, I have not tried it.

3 Copy it.

But what does this achieve?
I'm talking about when you use copy commands in driver it lists all the schedules together and not grouped like in the schedule library

But what does this achieve?
I'm talking about when you use copy commands in driver it lists all the schedules together and not grouped like in the schedule library

Exactly I know what you mean, but sadly there's not much we can do about that. I too wish the original author had made that ability as well as it beats having all the schedules in one list instead of organized together as we group them in the library its self.

Exactly I know what you mean, but sadly there's not much we can do about that. I too wish the original author had made that ability as well as it beats having all the schedules in one list instead of organized together as we group them in the library its self.

Hi John,

There is a sneaky way to store your Schedule Library driver commands to use on other layouts.

I have a couple of favorite routes that I am always updating or modifying; so I set up a blank baseboard with just a length of track, and named it as a route (so that I could find it again). Then I created a session and named it.

Now I have a safe place to 'copy and paste' all the Schedule Library Commands' from my favorite routes into and this can cover as many sessions as you like.

Whenever I want to create a fresh session I can quickly 'copy and paste' all those commands into it. What I don't need for that particular session I can delete and just leave it.

Now, I always break the driver commands of any section of track into much smaller sections, say A to B, B to C, C to D, etc. In that way, in Driver mode I can call on any section to add further commands when I need to.

So in Driver mode, it is easy to copy from the Library for any additional commands that are required.

Cheers,
Roy

Hi John,

There is a sneaky way to store your Schedule Library driver commands to use on other layouts.

I have a couple of favorite routes that I am always updating or modifying; so I set up a blank baseboard with just a length of track, and named it as a route (so that I could find it again). Then I created a session and named it.

Now I have a safe place to 'copy and paste' all the Schedule Library Commands' from my favorite routes into and this can cover as many sessions as you like.

Whenever I want to create a fresh session I can quickly 'copy and paste' all those commands into it. What I don't need for that particular session I can delete and just leave it.

Now, I always break the driver commands of any section of track into much smaller sections, say A to B, B to C, C to D, etc. In that way, in Driver mode I can call on any section to add further commands when I need to.

So in Driver mode, it is easy to copy from the Library for any additional commands that are required.

Cheers,
Roy

I like that sneaky trick. :)

I also break up my commands as well into what I call divisions as they would on a real railroad. I have a complex route made up of various mergers that is quite extensive and complex. Various drivers are assigned to various parts and those that run through trains have schedules inserted one after the other to create a continuous long schedule. These short segments are also helpful too for troubleshooting as you can imagine.

I used, of all programs, Visio to setup my divisions. This worked out very well for setting up the block-diagrams of the various parts. On this diagram I left out the details, but the blocks were enough for me to keep track of where, what, and who as I was building schedules and setting up the consists.

3 Copy it.

I've tried this and it doesn't work. A pure text file will not re-create a rule in a session. There must be some information that is held in the clipboard but doesn't get copied to the text file.

@ Davie - You can try dividing the route into areas or activities (or both). If there are several yards then assign each area an acronym of two or three letters. Then change each library schedule name to start with the acronym that the schedule applies to. All the schedules of a particular area or activity will then be grouped together in the menu.

Trevor

Back