Unscheduled Maintenance - DLS

Spiffy

Web & IT Manager
We are currently investigating issues with our DLS server.

We apologise for any inconvenience and are working to get it restored as quickly as possible.

I am going to have to do an OS rebuild on that machine so it will be down for a good few hours yet. I will update this post when I have some more information.

Update: Our main hard drive has failed, and the backup drive failed as well - just how and why that happened is unclear. Our service provider has almost completed rebuilding the machine and updating the OS, then we will commence installing the DLS from backup and reconfiguring everything.

Since it will be approximately 24 hours of downtime (so possibly another 8-10 hours from now, barring further issues arising), we will be extending all active FCTs by 48 hours to make up for the inconvenience.

Once again, we've very sorry you can't access the DLS right now, and we're doing everything we can to get it up and running as quickly as possible.

Restoration of the backup is underway however as the DLS is huge it's going to take a while to copy all the data over.

Data restoration is still copying away but looks like its going to be another 8-10 hours before we have all the data across.

Everything is looking good regarding the transfer, just performing some final testing.
Anything added to the DLS over the last couple of days will take a bit longer (approx 48 hours) to get up there as we update the linking of that system to the new server.

Back