Missing Something

jswager111

I seem to be missing something and cant figure it out. I am building a complicated session, and testing it I noticed I had forgot to set a switch in a yard. It was too late and I expected a derailment.
But the train shook a little and kept going. Testing further I drove a train straight into a parked train at 40 mph. All it did was couple and kept going. I have derailments set at realistic and
wait for derailment rule in place. I don't care if the train actually derails or not but I definitely want this to register as a derailment. I am using the current build of T:ane .Thanks for any help.

The train can push through the switch if it's going slow enough, however, don't backup or stop. Going fast enough, however, will put your train on the round. It's been this way since at least TS12 SP1 HF4 or T:ANE SP1 I can't remember when that capability occurred.

Realistic settings?

http://www.after-oil.co.uk/facing_points.htm

Facing points.

A set of "facing" points are where, as viewed from the driver's window, there are two potential routes, one straight, the "main", and one curved, the "branch". They are used to divert the train to another track which it enters by means of a matching set of "trailing" points. A train approaching from the other direction on the opposite track encounters the other set of points in the pair, which to it is "facing".
Trailing points are far safer - if they are left in the wrong position, the flanges on the wheels of the train push the point blades to their correct position and the train stays on the track. Facing points, if set to divert the train and if approached with speed, would lead to a derailment.

Back