Broken Loco Rescued in La Plata, Missouri

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
BNSF ES44C4 6868 appears to have a coolant problem. if this video hadn't been sped up, the video would last an hour.

BNSF ES44C4 6868 appears to have a coolant problem. if this video hadn't been sped up, the video would last an hour.

:wave: Thanks for sharing Sir,

I enjoy stuff like this,, I have to run to the Dr Appoint, but I definitely will be watching how they work on the injured Loco later tonight........:cool:

Usually crews do not like being filmed, and can have local or RR police stop the videography, even from a public area, as one of the workers could get seriously injured, from doing a mistake in front of a camera

Looks like they just topped off the coolant with a water hose

A closed coolant system should not boil dry, and should be sent to a loco heavy repair shop for maintenance

Usually crews do not like being filmed, and can have local or RR police stop the videography, even from a public area, as one of the workers could get seriously injured, from doing a mistake in front of a camera

Looks like they just topped off the coolant with a water hose

A closed coolant system should not boil dry, and should be sent to a loco heavy repair shop for maintenance

This is caught on the track side Virtual Rail Camera, which is run by Jointed Rail at this location.

Yeah it looks like they topped off the radiator with a bit of water along the way.

Back