.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: What happened to Blue Sky Interactive (Developer of Pro Train series)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    199

    Question What happened to Blue Sky Interactive (Developer of Pro Train series)

    I don't live in Germany nor own a copy of Pro Train Perfect, but I am familiar with Blue Sky Interactive. However, I tried visiting http://www.bluesky-interactive.com/ lately and that site doesn't exist anymore, so what happened to that site and are the developers at Blue Sky Interactive still developing more train sim related products? Even though the games can still be bought on Amazon DE and Halycon, but I'm just curious about what happened to Blue Sky Interactive since they've made a Trainz based game with realistic German routes (not in terms of detail, but accuracy to real life German locations) for Trainz.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Hauts-de-Seine 92, Île-de-France
    Posts
    1,209

    Default

    You can buy digital version of PTP2 gold edition on halycon website but yeah BSI is gone I think even vizzart that sold PTP2 is gone maybe GBE will be put some PTP2 DLCs


    2018 - Début de fin des Z2N

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    23,389

    Default

    Sadly it appears they're no longer active.

    Their Trainz content was well made for their time, but was installed via their own installer and made for TRS2006/2007 making them very much out-of-date.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MF01 View Post
    You can buy digital version of PTP2 gold edition on halycon website but yeah BSI is gone I think even vizzart that sold PTP2 is gone maybe GBE will be put some PTP2 DLCs
    Maybe, but I'm 100% not sure about the future of the PTP2 content, mainly anything that isn't on the DLS (originally for PT Dresden-Nurnberg Demo from Trainz 2006).
    Last edited by Trainmaster189; June 9th, 2018 at 08:26 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Sadly it appears they're no longer active.

    Their Trainz content was well made for their time, but was installed via their own installer and made for TRS2006/2007 making them very much out-of-date.

    They're pretty much like Phil_C/World Of Trainz of the German Trainz community and they came out before content creators like CJ187 (freeware) came onto the scene an improved things. If they're out of date, I just hope one day anyone makes a large, accurate German route similar to that of the original PTP/PTP2 version and JTG Trainz is already doing that with an accurate Rhineland themed route. For now, generic routes like Schwaningerland and Ostalgie can keep us company.
    Last edited by Trainmaster189; June 9th, 2018 at 09:01 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Hauts-de-Seine 92, Île-de-France
    Posts
    1,209

    Default

    Wait for Global Bridge Entertainment they might sell PTP2 contents, check their website or facebook page


    2018 - Début de fin des Z2N

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    247

    Default

    I have some PTP addons, but it is a pain in the ass converting all the textures one by one to .tga and .texture.txt.
    PM me for missing kuids

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    23,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roine View Post
    I have some PTP addons, but it is a pain in the ass converting all the textures one by one to .tga and .texture.txt.
    Have you tried using PEV's Images2TGA in batch mode?

    He had documented how to do that in his very helpful documentation. Here's the one I use:

    "C:\Program Files (x86)\PEVSoft\Images2TGA\Images2TGA.exe" -trawl "F:\TANE_Data\editing\%1%"

    Substitute your paths to your program and data within the quotes.

    Save the text file as .cmd (command)

    Open an asset for edit, and give it a try.

    Submit the asset afterwards.

    ----

    I've done 20-plus assets at a time like signals for example which has saved a ton of time.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MF01 View Post
    Wait for Global Bridge Entertainment they might sell PTP2 contents, check their website or facebook page
    Thank you very much!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia, Western Australia
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster189 View Post
    If they're out of date, I just hope one day anyone makes a large, accurate German route similar to that of the original PTP/PTP2 version and JTG Trainz is already doing that with an accurate Rhineland themed route. For now, generic routes like Schwaningerland and Ostalgie can keep us company.
    I don't know what your definition of "large" is, but I placed a pretty accurate 75km section of the Black Forest line from Biberach to Villengen on the DLS recently. It was built after visiting the area on a holiday a few years ago. If you are collecting German routes maybe that might suit your appetite. Search the DLS under "DSEPR01 The REAL Black Forest". I look forward to the Rhineland route you mention, I will check it out.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anathoth71 View Post
    I don't know what your definition of "large" is, but I placed a pretty accurate 75km section of the Black Forest line from Biberach to Villengen on the DLS recently. It was built after visiting the area on a holiday a few years ago. If you are collecting German routes maybe that might suit your appetite. Search the DLS under "DSEPR01 The REAL Black Forest". I look forward to the Rhineland route you mention, I will check it out.
    Thank you for the recommendation. I mean like actual mainlines similar to the TANE built-in East Coast Mainline (UK) or somewhat shorter like going from one major modern European city to another. The Railworks/Train Simulator 2018 has several modern German routes, but I'd rather stick to Trainz for everything.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    1,274
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Remember that mine from City And Country USA that was called Blue Sky? Was my favorite route when I was really little, I used to run trains from the yard down to blue sky mine, then up to the smelting company and unload the coal. Good times.
    Its Ktrain! For gods sakes its Ktrain! Typos are a thing you know!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktain.ny View Post
    Remember that mine from City And Country USA that was called Blue Sky? Was my favorite route when I was really little, I used to run trains from the yard down to blue sky mine, then up to the smelting company and unload the coal. Good times.
    "Blue Sky Mine" is not related to Blue Sky Interactive and it's just a generic name for a small American route mine. Blue Sky Interactive didn't make American content,

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany, Berlin, Berlin
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Just to clear things up...
    Blue Sky Interactive is now part of GBE. They both have the same owner. Thats about it though, the original team has split up. Main modelling and scripting developer Matthias Gose still makes Trainz content now under the name 3dZug, you can find some of that on the Trainz Store as well. What happened to the others idk, but they are at least not making Trainz content anymore. Neither is GBE at the moment, all they have done so far is repackage the mostly already over 10 years old content (most PTP and PTP2 content is already just an export from MSTS as far as scenery goes) yet again and sell if of for DLC sim where they recieved massive backlash for the obviously outdated content.
    GBE has thus announced a return to Trainz, but with the core team missing and only a few salesmen with experience in converting Trainz content to Railworks, chances are that we will only get yet another resale of the old content in its unchanged form.


    Greets, Mika
    German route builder.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    23,389

    Default

    Thank you for the insights, Mika.

    The converting of content from one version to another, especially the older content, has a number of technical issues to contend with, with some of them causing performance problems for either platform due to lack of LOD, or too high a polygon count among other problems associated with the 3d model formats.

    Matthias has created fabulous content and it's too bad the others haven't follow in his footsteps in that regard
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •