What happened to Blue Sky Interactive (Developer of Pro Train series)

Trainmaster189

I don't live in Germany nor own a copy of Pro Train Perfect, but I am familiar with Blue Sky Interactive. However, I tried visiting http://www.bluesky-interactive.com/ lately and that site doesn't exist anymore, so what happened to that site and are the developers at Blue Sky Interactive still developing more train sim related products? Even though the games can still be bought on Amazon DE and Halycon, but I'm just curious about what happened to Blue Sky Interactive since they've made a Trainz based game with realistic German routes (not in terms of detail, but accuracy to real life German locations) for Trainz.

You can buy digital version of PTP2 gold edition on halycon website but yeah BSI is gone I think even vizzart that sold PTP2 is gone maybe GBE will be put some PTP2 DLCs

Sadly it appears they're no longer active.

Their Trainz content was well made for their time, but was installed via their own installer and made for TRS2006/2007 making them very much out-of-date.

You can buy digital version of PTP2 gold edition on halycon website but yeah BSI is gone I think even vizzart that sold PTP2 is gone maybe GBE will be put some PTP2 DLCs

Maybe, but I'm 100% not sure about the future of the PTP2 content, mainly anything that isn't on the DLS (originally for PT Dresden-Nurnberg Demo from Trainz 2006).

Last edited:
Sadly it appears they're no longer active.

Their Trainz content was well made for their time, but was installed via their own installer and made for TRS2006/2007 making them very much out-of-date.

They're pretty much like Phil_C/World Of Trainz of the German Trainz community and they came out before content creators like CJ187 (freeware) came onto the scene an improved things. If they're out of date, I just hope one day anyone makes a large, accurate German route similar to that of the original PTP/PTP2 version and JTG Trainz is already doing that with an accurate Rhineland themed route. For now, generic routes like Schwaningerland and Ostalgie can keep us company.

Last edited:
Wait for Global Bridge Entertainment they might sell PTP2 contents, check their website or facebook page

I have some PTP addons, but it is a pain in the ass converting all the textures one by one to .tga and .texture.txt.

I have some PTP addons, but it is a pain in the ass converting all the textures one by one to .tga and .texture.txt.

Have you tried using PEV's Images2TGA in batch mode?

He had documented how to do that in his very helpful documentation. Here's the one I use:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PEVSoft\Images2TGA\Images2TGA.exe" -trawl "F:\TANE_Data\editing\%1%"

Substitute your paths to your program and data within the quotes.

Save the text file as .cmd (command)

Open an asset for edit, and give it a try.

Submit the asset afterwards.

----

I've done 20-plus assets at a time like signals for example which has saved a ton of time.

If they're out of date, I just hope one day anyone makes a large, accurate German route similar to that of the original PTP/PTP2 version and JTG Trainz is already doing that with an accurate Rhineland themed route. For now, generic routes like Schwaningerland and Ostalgie can keep us company.

I don't know what your definition of "large" is, but I placed a pretty accurate 75km section of the Black Forest line from Biberach to Villengen on the DLS recently. It was built after visiting the area on a holiday a few years ago. If you are collecting German routes maybe that might suit your appetite. Search the DLS under "DSEPR01 The REAL Black Forest". I look forward to the Rhineland route you mention, I will check it out.

I don't know what your definition of "large" is, but I placed a pretty accurate 75km section of the Black Forest line from Biberach to Villengen on the DLS recently. It was built after visiting the area on a holiday a few years ago. If you are collecting German routes maybe that might suit your appetite. Search the DLS under "DSEPR01 The REAL Black Forest". I look forward to the Rhineland route you mention, I will check it out.

Thank you for the recommendation. I mean like actual mainlines similar to the TANE built-in East Coast Mainline (UK) or somewhat shorter like going from one major modern European city to another. The Railworks/Train Simulator 2018 has several modern German routes, but I'd rather stick to Trainz for everything.

Remember that mine from City And Country USA that was called Blue Sky? Was my favorite route when I was really little, I used to run trains from the yard down to blue sky mine, then up to the smelting company and unload the coal. Good times.

Remember that mine from City And Country USA that was called Blue Sky? Was my favorite route when I was really little, I used to run trains from the yard down to blue sky mine, then up to the smelting company and unload the coal. Good times.

"Blue Sky Mine" is not related to Blue Sky Interactive and it's just a generic name for a small American route mine. Blue Sky Interactive didn't make American content,

Just to clear things up...
Blue Sky Interactive is now part of GBE. They both have the same owner. Thats about it though, the original team has split up. Main modelling and scripting developer Matthias Gose still makes Trainz content now under the name 3dZug, you can find some of that on the Trainz Store as well. What happened to the others idk, but they are at least not making Trainz content anymore. Neither is GBE at the moment, all they have done so far is repackage the mostly already over 10 years old content (most PTP and PTP2 content is already just an export from MSTS as far as scenery goes) yet again and sell if of for DLC sim where they recieved massive backlash for the obviously outdated content.
GBE has thus announced a return to Trainz, but with the core team missing and only a few salesmen with experience in converting Trainz content to Railworks, chances are that we will only get yet another resale of the old content in its unchanged form.

Greets, Mika

Thank you for the insights, Mika.

The converting of content from one version to another, especially the older content, has a number of technical issues to contend with, with some of them causing performance problems for either platform due to lack of LOD, or too high a polygon count among other problems associated with the 3d model formats.

Matthias has created fabulous content and it's too bad the others haven't follow in his footsteps in that regard

Have you tried using PEV's Images2TGA in batch mode?

He had documented how to do that in his very helpful documentation. Here's the one I use:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PEVSoft\Images2TGA\Images2TGA.exe" -trawl "F:\TANE_Data\editing\%1%"

Substitute your paths to your program and data within the quotes.

Save the text file as .cmd (command)

Open an asset for edit, and give it a try.

Submit the asset afterwards.

----

I've done 20-plus assets at a time like signals for example which has saved a ton of time.
I think I have too much assets open for editing for that.

I think I have too much assets open for editing for that.

I went through a massive asset repair effort in recent times, and found that Images2TGA and the batching procedure John Citron kindly outlined for you could do several hundreds of open-for-edit assets at one time, all with a double click of the batch icon. You can watch it work it's way through all the images it finds. It is definitely worth the time setting it up.

Back