Passenger train just drives right on by. . . .

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
I have on my route a bunch of passenger stations, about 12 I think. I have three A.I. passenger trains who run back and forth picking up and dropping off passengers. All the A.I's and stations work great. However, There is one station where The A.I. doesn't even slow down, just goes right through without unloading or loading passengers. I have checked and double checked and the A.I. instructions are correct to the letter. I have switched out the station three times, with several stations made by different content creators. Still no luck getting the train to stop here. Stops at all other stations except this one. Does any one have any idea why this could be happening?

Hum, I seem to remember some discussion about the proximity of switches or signals to the station interfering with it's operation. Maybe that will give you a clue.

Hum, I seem to remember some discussion about the proximity of switches or signals to the station interfering with it's operation. Maybe that will give you a clue.

Yes, this is a possible cause. I have had that issue with a trolley route I have where the AI do exactly as Dave's and run a loop operation. There are a couple of stations where I had to adjust the signals away from the station by a few meters to get them away from the station and then the AI worked fine. This was in TS12 and quite some time ago too.

Well, this is really making me mad. I moved the signal back about a half-mile, and the freaking train STILL goes right on by.

As an experiment, I removed the signal--- the train stops and unloads/loads passengers just fine. What the heck is wrong with a game when stuff like this is left incorporated into the software?!?! Yeah, I'm hot under the collar, and I feel I have a right to be. It's little things like this that steer people away from Trainz. FACT: It shouldn't matter if there is a signal a mile away or ten feet away, the damn train should stop at the passenger station and offload and pick up passengers. Right?

Damn I hope TS2019 works better than this. And why didn't they go ahead and call is TS2020?? Or Trainz a New Era 2....

Now I remember why I gave up route building and plain playing with the game. So many things don't work correctly for it to be enjoyable. Sheesh. And they're fixing to release a new version??

Yes, I'm pissed

Last edited:
Which build are you running? Pre beta tended to leave ghost track and names got duplicated even though the item was deleted.

Maybe you are up to something on signals placed near or far from stations. Here is the thing: I have abunch of stations. Most of them, trains stop as they should, with or without near or far signals. But there are two stations where, on one, train misses all the time, and another where it may happen.. may. So, on the one where it misses I have tried prety much everything: replacing station, deleting signals and switches, eliminating stations even setting a new station disconnected from near tracks: train misses. Makes me to think it is related to the location, indeed, there was a station time ago that got ghosted. Meaning that you could delete the station but the track was still there and could not be deleted by any comprehensive means (Deleting the base board was a solution, but who want's to do that for a miserable station?), so I made those tracks invisible and added a little bit of ground over it, setting the new station almost on top, with tracks properly connected. Now the train misses it. Understand that the train still goes there, but fails to stop to load. Not looking for answers here, just venting frustration.

That build did have problems with some industries detaching the track from an asset. Delete asset and replace failed to change the saved information. If you delete the station and zoom out you may see the track is still in place. The beta solved the ghost assets problem by opening the route and then delete missing assets. A new station with same name will not work as the session still has the old name.

Last edited:
I run 90955, and yes, on replaced station I used a different name. Let's hope new SP solves the problem. Just for kicks, I deleted the asset in CM, and then I did a delete missing assets. So for sure it was gone for ever. But the detached track was still there! Re-installing the asset, and back to the same problem as before.

I have had a problem with consist not stopping at one particular station, resolved it by moving/adding signals at the correct place.

The beta version I can confirm will correct that problem. It is something that is stored in the memory and not getting replaced so delete the asset in CM will not cure it. The beta also cured TM's and other ghost assets from the memory.

The beta version I can confirm will correct that problem. It is something that is stored in the memory and not getting replaced so delete the asset in CM will not cure it. The beta also cured TM's and other ghost assets from the memory.

well thats great news

Are you using the "Drive/Navigate to Trackmark" command? I have a route where I have some stations, and I use the Drive to trackmark command, and the train slows down at the station, but then it speeds right back up without loading...
If you are using that command it could be the problem...

Renocerous:D

Are you using the "Drive/Navigate to Trackmark" command? I have a route where I have some stations, and I use the Drive to trackmark command, and the train slows down at the station, but then it speeds right back up without loading...
If you are using that command it could be the problem...

Renocerous:D

If you are using Build 90945/55, or one of the Steam variants, then there's a problem with driving to track marks, stations, and navigating through signals. This has been fixed in the current RC SP3 Build 94217.

Back