Article: What hardware will you need for TRS2019?

Dell core I7 processor laptop Inspiron 18-7777
16.o gb ram
Nivida GeForce Experience 940MX Game Card
Hard Drive 979 GB

Thank you for any help you can give.

Realistically for both TS19 and TANE you need something like GTX 1060

https://benchmarks.ul.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+940MX+review for a comparison to your card. It's about 20% of the power of a GTX 1060.

Having said that try Middleton for laptops it should run and that will give you an idea of what sort of layout will run on your hardware.

Cheerio John

Thanks Jagg - fixed.
Вы играл в Train Simulator 2018 ??? Поиграйте на самых ультрах настройках и вы поймете, что там тормозов и глюков нету. А ваши низкие параметры рассчитаны на сильный компьютеры . Переделайте свой движок хватит обманывать людей и вымогать деньги не доведенную до ума игру . ( Переделайте совой джок игры как в Train Simulator 2018 потому как ваш движок игры требует много оперативный памяти . Вы думаете у всех мощные компьютеры ??? Сделайте нормально движок игры, что бы можно было играть на слабых компьютерах . ) У меня нормальная игровая видео карта 2047 МБNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB так , как и игровой компьютер у меня все абсолютно игры которые рассчитаны на мощные компьютеры идут все на ультра ( Tom Clancy's The Division, Train Simulator 2018 , GTA 5 и так далее и не надо мне тут рассказывать, что у меня слабая видео карта. Получается все игры идут на ультра а именно ваша игра нет ? А не слишком ли дорого ваш симулятор обходиться ???? Почему я должен покупать видеокарту которая стоит не малые денег именно под ваш симулятор ??? ( ПОЛУЧАЕТСЯ КОГДА СТАВИШЬ ВСЕ НА УЛЬТРА А ТЕНИ ОТКЛЮЧАЕШЬ ИГРА ВООБЩЕ ЛЕТАЕТ И НЕ ЧЕГО НЕ ТОРМОЗИТ) . Как только включаешь тени на высоко не на ультра даже и поставил немного поджимного состава все игра начинает тормозит. Извините в таком случай проще играть в Train Simulator 2018 и он на много по реалистичней чем ваш . Это ваши проблемы и решайте их вам еще раз повторюсь решайте проблему с движком игры и с тенями это не игра а мучения жду ответа .

Last edited:
Hey Tony, send a Free Key to JayZ2Cents and linustechtips on youtube.

if send a Free Key to JayZ2Cents and linustechtips on youtube they are great about testing gpus with games, and your game can be a critical GPU killer with the render load. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY STATE YOUR GAME IS DESIGNED AROUND NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARDS, i upgrades to an amd R290 specifically to make this game and two others work better due to their open world graphics detail.....only to find i wasted my money on this game.
BECAUSE IF YOU STATE CLEARLY, THERE IS LESS COMPLAINTS AND MORE COMPLIMENTS WHICH GENERATE 'BUY' RECOMMENDATIONS. none of this was stated any where on the purchase page when i bought TANE after buying 2009 2010 and 2012.
i was planning on buying a RadeonVll with the 24?32? GB video ram, but now that i see this post, i know it's worthless to buy amd and mac. (i don't like wormy apples anyways).

How do I respond to someone is accusing me of masking truths? It's a very tough position to be in when responding to a customer, but I'll do my best of responding with facts and not with emotion.

I thought I had answered the post pretty well, but it appears I missed the statement that we are not yet supporting Metal (although the omission was pretty much evident that we have not yet implmented this, otherwise my post, if it was simply to "mask truths" would have mentioned it).

McGuirel, we will do the best with our limited resources for the majority of our users. With 80% of users being Nvidia PC users, that is our focus. If you prefer that we focus on the 10% AMD PC and 10% Mac users (https://wccftech.com/nvidia-amd-intel-gpu-market-share-q3-2017/), then please provide us with the additional funding that is not going to come from product sales from these minoroty groups.

We know that we're not going to convert all the Trainz naysayers, but from the feedback we're getting so far i our closed beta testing is that those predicting our downfall (yet again) may be disappointed.

At some point we have a right to stick up for our company values and dismiss these offhand comments that attempt to do nothing but try to perpetuate the downfall of the company and product that so many other people want to thrive and survive.

We do as good as we can with our limited resources. We have many competing priorities. If we produces the prefect Tree Simulator, then McGuirel would be our first, but perhaps only customer. Instead, we have chosen to focus resources on things like Driver UI, stability, performance, and many other things.

So to summarize, I myself am NOT IMRESSED AT ALL about the attempt to turn TRS2109 into a Tree Simulator exercise.

I am very sorry if I have offended you, but if you're prepared to claim that I am hiding anything, you need to be prerared for my response, and my only option is to not hide anything and say it as it actually is!

And as for the "only one feature" comment, I assume you mean the "one" feature that improves "the lighting, materials, shaders, colouring, shading and texturing", and you've chosen to ignore the UI, AI, Command systems, and other changes completely.

McGuirel, as far as I know, you haven't actually seen the beta, so I would suggest that we try to calm things down now that we've both said our piece, an wait for (i) The Early Access version to be released and (ii) the final version to be released, before we go claiming that everything is a complete mess.

if send a Free Key to JayZ2Cents and linustechtips on youtube they are great about testing gpus with games, and your game can be a critical GPU killer with the render load. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY STATE YOUR GAME IS DESIGNED AROUND NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARDS, i upgrades to an amd R290 specifically to make this game and two others work better due to their open world graphics detail.....only to find i wasted my money on this game.
BECAUSE IF YOU STATE CLEARLY, THERE IS LESS COMPLAINTS AND MORE COMPLIMENTS WHICH GENERATE 'BUY' RECOMMENDATIONS. none of this was stated any where on the purchase page when i bought TANE after buying 2009 2010 and 2012.
i was planning on buying a RadeonVll with the 24?32? GB video ram, but now that i see this post, i know it's worthless to buy amd and mac. (i don't like wormy apples anyways).

Trainz performance varies according to the content selected which means it is very difficult to benchmark.

It will run on AMD GPUs.

Middleton for laptops was specially created to run on Intel series 4000 integrated graphics at 20+ frames per second on a 1600 by 900 screen. This is way below the minimum recommended hardware. I suspect it will give you 30 FPS running one of the sessions even on your AMD GPU.

I agree the code is optimised for nVidia cards but that does not mean it will not run on other GPUs.

It does take advantage of some features of the nVidia card but to my mind they aren't critical for the SIM to run.

Cheerio John

i downloaded trainz2019, opened the zip files, installed the game, message says i need to go to support, i paid for a game that does not run

Will we be able to use eGPU on the hp probook to improve performance?

I suggest registering your copy. An external GPU electrically looks like a normal GPU to any software. Realistically look for reviews of your laptop and see which CPU it has then look to see which Intel GPU is there. Ah HD 5500 will run Middleton for laptops but little else.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

ideally you want a score of 9,000 or so in the 3D benchmark the HD5500 has a score of 596.

Cheerio John

I have a 2014 Mac mini and the game runs just fine. I don't run high end settings, but it is nice to be able to run it.

Update: I was able to successfully run on 2014 MacBook Air and Catalina. 8gb memory, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB. Low settings.

Last edited:
Trainz 2019 does run good under Mac OS Big Sur on my 2014 Macs and much better on Apple Silicon Macs which also use Big Sur. I’ve tested it on MacBook Pro(8gb ram) and another user tested it on their Mac Mini(16gb ram). I’m able to use many high settings. I’m still playing around.

Back