Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adblock now enforced on Jointed Rail?

Question Adblock now enforced on Jointed Rail?

Hello everybody,

today, while opining JR's website, i got this:

While i dont even have Adblock - using a host file and scripts - this is...lets say "interesting" for paying customers, like i've been one for years. It means, i can not access my account and my bought products anymore - at least not from my main PC
    I know those messages from freeware sites or newspapers grabbing money through ads and things like this, but enforcing Adblock on paying customers having an account? Nah....
    Also i didnt notice "google ads" and such annoying stuff on JR ever.
    So i just don't really get it this time, could someone expleain please what's that about?

Thanks and have a nice day guys,

Felix
    Felix

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

I think it may be a problem on your end as I didn't get this AdBlock thing when I went to JointedRail's website. Their website acted like it normally does.
    IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE! AS OF SEPTEMBER 26TH 2-1

Well, may be possible, but i never changed anything here for months and until today it always worked. And since that Adblock message was apparently created by JR itself, saying especially "some Features of JR...", i asked here
    Felix

I have the same problem. I will NOT disable my ad blocker, so if it persists, goodbye Jointed Rail...

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flusi737 View Post
    Well, may be possible, but i never changed anything here for months and until today it always worked. And since that Adblock message was apparently created by JR itself, saying especially "some Features of JR...", i asked here
    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I have the same problem. I will NOT disable my ad blocker, so if it persists, goodbye Jointed Rail...
    Could it be that you're in a separate country than JointedRail's servers? Could it be your Internet Service Providers? Just a couple more thoughts.
    IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE! AS OF SEPTEMBER 26TH 2-1

Had the same problem , Turned off adblock (plus) on that website (you can do it per website) and regained access .

The only difference is you get adverts now on the website compared to previous visits including after logging in .
    High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line

C'mon just because of that you're not going to buy again from JR ? It's not that hard to disable and I don't have any problem as I use UBlock Origin which is better

2018 - Début de fin des Z2N

No problems for me, all is normal like it always was before.

With AdGuard on.

ASUS Z170-A, Intel I7 6700, 16GB, W7 Ultimate
    GTX970 4GB
    Z960-5.1, G19, G13, G930, Corsair Scimitar PRO, RailDriver
    TANE Dlx SP3

Quote Originally Posted by flusi737 View Post
    Hello everybody,

today, while opining JR's website, i got this:

"Snip"

While i dont even have Adblock - using a host file and scripts - this is...lets say "interesting" for paying customers, like i've been one for years. It means, i can not access my account and my bought products anymore - at least not from my main PC
    I know those messages from freeware sites or newspapers grabbing money through ads and things like this, but enforcing Adblock on paying customers having an account? Nah....
    Also i didnt notice "google ads" and such annoying stuff on JR ever.
    So i just don't really get it this time, could someone expleain please what's that about?

Thanks and have a nice day guys,

Felix
    Got the same page with the browser I use with adblocker built in... I am sorry JR,but I will never turn off my adblocker what so ever. This "MORE MONEY!" act with requiring the adblocker turned OFF is not going to work,all JR is making now is a disappointment to a lot of the community I think... and ads are far to annoying for me to. Ah well,might as well look for alternatives to the JR content now. JR,this is not impressive at all,I'd rather deal with that stinky and shady "Mediafire" then turn of my adblocker. I will now say "Farewell to JR" for now,until they allow adblocker again.
    Last edited by RailFan500CA; June 6th, 2018 at 02:20 PM. Reason: More text.
    Trail and error. That is the best way to learn for the most part.

Yeah no, i use AdBlock Plus and i can't enter the site without disabling it. If a site does this i usually click off of it rather than disable ABP because ABP actually serves a purpose. I'm pretty sure the majority of people share this sentiment too, even if JR's site only targets ABP users and not those using others like UBlock and AdGuard.

Looks like i also won't be using JR until this stupid message goes away, cause there's not reason for it to be there...unless JR isn't making enough on sales to keep the site going and has to resort to ads to support it, that is.
    Last edited by chris2001trainz2010; June 6th, 2018 at 02:23 PM.

Maybe they got hacked?

Doesn't look like it, i don't think. Although the block-out message does look very...generic. As some others have pointed out, there aren't any ads on the site from what i can tell either, at least not counting non-JR-centered ads like those for Virtual Railfan.

Blog Entries

There have been no changes to the site other than routine updates. This message for adblockers has been a part of the site for a very long time, it ensures that freeware remains free since those areas do contain some small ads. Just disable adblocker on the JR domain or don't, the choice is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolksouthern37 View Post
    This message for adblockers has been a part of the site for a very long time...
    no it hasn't lol

Blog Entries

Trust me it has. Now whether other things have changed in software or on browsers I can not answer, but this is nothing new.