Thread: Union Pacific's Office Car Special on Horseshoe Curve - Why is it There?

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Default Union Pacific's Office Car Special on Horseshoe Curve - Why is it There?

Why is UP's OCS on Horseshoe Curve, so far away from home rails? I thought since it was being hauled by the Military Heritage Unit, it'd be the Army-Navy Game. But I just checked and that's in December. So I'm stumped as to why it's there. Does anyone know why it's this far east? Here it's headed east.

Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

And here it is heading west.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

Because it can ... It's like an Italian made, Panama flag, Royal Caribbean cruise ship, sailing to the Bahamas, or Cozumel, from New Orleans

Disregard the above comment. I was told the UP execs were touring an intermodal facility in New Jersey.
    "We will probably be judged not by the monuments we build, but by those we have destroyed"

That's a pretty good reason ... I hear there are intermodule/ship terminals that are almost fully robotically automated ... like a ballet of many cranes sorting containers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    That's a pretty good reason ... I hear there are intermodule/ship terminals that are almost fully robotically automated ... like a ballet of many cranes sorting containers
    the reasons plastered on the descriptions of about 150 photos all over the internet, does that rock you live under have dial up? Google is your friend so is railpics

Quote Originally Posted by deadpoolmx55 View Post
    Snip~ "does that rock you live under have dial up? Google is your friend so is railpics
    Well ya' don't have to get all "Snippy" about it ... Had someone told me about it, "Before" it was all over, I woulda' crawled out from under my big flat rock, and would have gone to see it pass by

Free Beer ... Yesterday

https://youtu.be/9ocn8j42t_s
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; June 5th, 2018 at 04:29 PM.