Union Pacific's Office Car Special on Horseshoe Curve - Why is it There?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Why is UP's OCS on Horseshoe Curve, so far away from home rails? I thought since it was being hauled by the Military Heritage Unit, it'd be the Army-Navy Game. But I just checked and that's in December. So I'm stumped as to why it's there. Does anyone know why it's this far east? Here it's headed east.

Because it can ... It's like an Italian made, Panama flag, Royal Caribbean cruise ship, sailing to the Bahamas, or Cozumel, from New Orleans

Disregard the above comment. I was told the UP execs were touring an intermodal facility in New Jersey.

That's a pretty good reason ... I hear there are intermodule/ship terminals that are almost fully robotically automated ... like a ballet of many cranes sorting containers

That's a pretty good reason ... I hear there are intermodule/ship terminals that are almost fully robotically automated ... like a ballet of many cranes sorting containers
the reasons plastered on the descriptions of about 150 photos all over the internet, does that rock you live under have dial up? Google is your friend so is railpics

Back