Diamond crossing interlock

greymaster

In TANE/SP2, trying to set up protection for a diamond track crossing. I used the Crowcombe interlock tower and Safetran signals. The crossing is protected for sure, as both trains stop and stay stopped. Cannot find why this is happening. Does anybody have any experience with this? Thanks

In TANE/SP2, trying to set up protection for a diamond track crossing. I used the Crowcombe interlock tower and Safetran signals. The crossing is protected for sure, as both trains stop and stay stopped. Cannot find why this is happening. Does anybody have any experience with this? Thanks

;) Good morning Sir......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McJPQ0J0y8I

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Place_Signals

:eek: I didn't know this asset protected Diamonds, when you look at the asset, it says nothing about protecting, in fact says nothing at all of any help when you open the config.txt.........Go figure......I even found it was installed by default......You never know what's hiding in one's closet.......

I'm hoping maybe these Links might prove some help to you.........I intend to follow your thread here, as I am very interested with a possible answer for your Query.

:hehe: Update: I was closing the edit Config,txt on this asset and found out I have the older Version of this Asset, there is one version newer, check to see you have the latest one......I could be they updated for T:ANE?

Last edited:
You can place a fake switch turnout using invisatrack, and place a drivable signalman, MOW truck, or speeder near the mainline track, and it will lock the turnout, and provide a red signal to the train ... back it up a tad away from the mainline, and then the switch can be thrown, making a green signal for the mainline train

Diamond crossing interlock resolved

Thanks, everyone for the help. I switched to the TRC3 Enhanced Interlock Tower and operation is much better, but 2 problems remain: (1) Sometimes when a train is waiting a long time for crossing to clear, the AI will give up and loco switches to manual, (2) If a train is in Manual and is stopped over the crossing, the AI train will crash right through it. As long as all trains are AI driven, the system works well. THANKS-

Personally I use <kuid2:76656:70001:4> ASB Crossover Controller and<kuid2:76656:70002:3> ASB Crossover Trigger - TANE OK. They work perfectly.

Thanks, everyone for the help. I switched to the TRC3 Enhanced Interlock Tower and operation is much better, but 2 problems remain: (1) Sometimes when a train is waiting a long time for crossing to clear, the AI will give up and loco switches to manual, (2) If a train is in Manual and is stopped over the crossing, the AI train will crash right through it. As long as all trains are AI driven, the system works well. THANKS-

ASB Crossover which is designed to control diamond crossovers will work for both manually driven and AI trains. See http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/asbc.html and download free from the DLS.

Boat

Back